1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shoot For the Cure

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kjsncnb, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjsncnb

kjsncnb Member

Ok guys and gals, I know I am going to pay for this one, but here goes; we are sponsoring a round robin shoot on Saturday the 29th at Great Guns in Northern Colorado, all proceeds will be going to a local foundation that helps women that are diagnosed with breast cancer and have no insurance, our dilemma is, we need a catchy name for this event, I have had a lot of suggestions by some of the guys around here, but none of them are acceptable in the presence of the opposite sex.
    Any ideas…I know you guys can come up with something!!

Kelly

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Orange Targets for Pink Ribbons. Or something along those lines.

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Why not use what you listed as the thread...

"Shoot for the/A Cure" its simple, catchy and couldn't offend anyone. However, you might run into a bit of opposition from the Susan G. Komen Foundation (breast cancer group) as they do every conceivable "XXXXXXX for the Cure".

That said, any public comment from them would only bring more attention to your event and could only add to its success!

The Komen Group would not respond to my inquiry to allow us to raise money for them - so its their loss.

Good For You on your charity event!

Jay Spitz

4. kjsncnb

kjsncnb Member

thanks guys, I really appreciate your help.

Kelly

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Great idea and I applaud you for doing it.

However, as a man, and I'm sure all of us would agree most trap shooters are male, we should also consider a similar "cause" in prostate cancer.

The Susan G. Komen foundation has done a great job of raising awareness of (and money for) breast cancer in women. I have nothing against that, but why does prostate cancer not get the same visibility? It affects as many, if not more men each year as breast cancer affects women.

6. granny a

granny a TS Member

I applaud what you are doing as I have just finished breast cancer treatments and am now in re-mission. However, you should be aware that breast cancer is not just a female problem it affects men as well. Women are just more vocal about it.

I hope your shoot turns out well and that you will let us know when and where so we might participate.

7. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

You all need to talk to the Hartford Gun club ( Hartford, WI ). Kevin Rosenbaum runs it. They have a "Shoot for the Cure" shoot every August I believe. I shot it when I lived there. If not mistaken, they raise about $75,000.00 for a 3 day shoot. I don't have any phone numbers, but I think the gun club has a website. Good luck, Nubs Wagner.

8. docrtaylor

docrtaylor TS Member

double A's for double D's??

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I bowl for the cure every year so there are a lot of people who are involved who really do care, we actually pack the place with bowlers twice in one day ... If they had a shoot in the area I'd probably do that also ... We will be bowling again on Oct 7, 2007 trying to Strike Out Breast Cancer ... This is definately worth while and you can never have to many people involved for such a great cause ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. gasman03

gasman03 Member

Well if you are shooting doubles how about "Show me a pair" to "Save a Pair"

11. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Shoot a pair, save a pair
    Shoot one save two

Whatever you call it, let me know if there is a mail in for donations.

Cancer regardless of what form it takes is a heinous disease. One I have lost too many friends to. I don't care how it gets done, I just want to see it gone!!!

To the poster who mentioned prostate cancer, it is true that prostate cancer is a terrible thing for men, however it is one of the more curable of the cancers with a greater success rate. Breast cancer starts in the breast and then spreads to bones, lymph glands, brains and the liver very quickly. Many times by the time it has been detected. My grandfather had prostate cancer untreated for more than 10 years before it got him.

12. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Shoot your best and save a breast!

13. kjsncnb

kjsncnb Member

wow, thanks for all the support, we have had such a overwhelming response from the shotgun sports community that we put a web page up with all the information. If you are in the area, please come on out and shoot this event, we should have a whole bunch of fun.

2007 Shoot for the cure

Here is the page: www.midwestrc.com/cure

Kelly

14. kjsncnb

kjsncnb Member

Lets try this

http://www.midwestrc.com/cure

if this link dosent work, just copy it and paste it into your browser bar.

Kelly

15. kjsncnb

kjsncnb Member

Lets try this

http://www.midwestrc.com/cure

if this link dosent work, just copy it and paste it into your browser bar.

Kelly

16. kjsncnb

kjsncnb Member

17. kjsncnb

kjsncnb Member

18. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

A club in the Green Bay, WI area had a benefit shoot for breast cancer research. They used a unique pin as their attendance pin. It was a pink ribbon looped around a gold shotgun. They ordered them from a pin company, but I don't have that info. You might contact Alor Jane Sutrick in WI. Good luck...

19. Frank S

Frank S TS Member

The event in wisconsin is "shoot for a cure" and information can be found on www.womenformacc.com

20. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

Hey Frank, are you talking about the Hartford Gun Club shoot? Nubs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.