1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SHOOT FOR THE CURE - Help!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BabyB, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BabyB

BabyB TS Member

Our club is planning a Shoot for the Cure shoot in October for Breast Cancer Awareness month. A few years ago I saw a pink ribbon pin with a shotgun and am wondering if anyone might know where those came from or where I could get some for our upcoming shoot.

Thanks for your help

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Don't forget to offer pink Federal shells...

Jay

3. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

At the PITA Grand Pacific shoot the pink Federals were donated to the woman shooters who shot in that special event. Pink shirts, pink targets, and pink shells. It was a hoot.

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

BabyB--Thank You & Congratulations... Wish more clubs would have this attitude & hold benefit shoots like this for ANY type of illness that needs research $$$$$$. My wife of 50 yrs. is a cancer survivor, sometimes we (ME) just don't wake-up until it's almost too late. Where are you located???? So everybody can try to get to your shoot.

Somebody is sure to have the info you seek-- come-on folks lets make this happen in a BIG way. Thanks Again Ross Puls

5. Ladiesd

Ladiesd TS Member

Something like this?
    ladiesd_2011_26041.jpg

6. BabyB

BabyB TS Member

We are located in Juneau, Alaska and the shoot will be the second weekend of October.

I actually have pink targets and pink federal shells for our shoot. The pins that I am looking for have the breast cancer ribbon with the shotgun through the middle of the ribbon.

Thanks

7. BabyB

BabyB TS Member

^ ^ ^ ^

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have been shooting and bowling for the Cure for several years now and would imagine the amount of money they take in is staggering but well worth the efforts ... I bowl with a lady who was recently diagnosed, so she had to get the tests done to see if the tumors were malignant or just masses in her breasts ... The test results came back and sure enough she has beast Cancer and should be treated as soon as possible ... She does not have Insurance and with the States Medical cutbacks she has no where to turn ... I asked her if she contacted any of the Organizations that we support with the fund raisers for financial assistance and they advised her that they did not provide assistance to ladies stricken with the disease but they keep promoting and keeping it in front of people so they do not forget about it ... I could not believe it so I called and asked about a person getting financial assistance and was told the same thing as she was ... I guess what some of them do is use the donations to get more donations and to run fund raisers to get more donations but they do not provide financial help to a lady who is in of help when called upon to do so ... Just wondering if this is appropriate and the way these things work ..? If anyone would have any information on any Organization to contact for assisitance it would be appreciated ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. Desira F.

Desira F. TS Member

WPT,

Check out this website. www.needymeds.org they have several places that you can get assistance from, depending on your location. I have been helping take care of my grandmother for the past year and have sent for grants from a couple of the places listed on this website. I hope you can find the help you need also check with the hospital social workers they are great help.

I am doing a shoot for the cure along with alaska this year. We did one last year and had a blast. I was thinking of next years shoot trying to make a donation to a fellow shooter that is in need of medical assistance but have not figured out the details yet.

Our shoot is also October 8th and 9th in Markleville, IN

Best of luck finding help. If I think of other places I will inform you.

Thanks,
    Desira

10. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

WPT-- Please tell your friend to check with M.D.Anderson in Houston Tx. If not for them I would NOT have my wife today. We spent 3 months there last year and we just celebrated our 50th in July, they are fantastic. I think that is where PBB is right now??? Ross Puls

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I will pass on the information and pray that she can get some sort of assistance ... She recently lost her Aunt to Old age and Cancer and she is a basket case, as well she should be ... Thanks for the information, its a good place as any to start .... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.