1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shoot early vs late ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Do you shoot better in early squads vs later squads ? Wondering, thinking about presquadding. Mornings are cooler, less wind, less light. Whats important to you when you shoot?

Phil Berkowitz

2. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

If it's a large shoot I like an early squad, right behind the trap-setters if I can get it. Squad 1, post 1 will do just fine thank you. Best chance of well set targets, before the wind changes. At a small shoot with only 5 or 6 squads it doesn't matter that much......

John C. Saubak

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

It depends on the gun club, the way the traps are situated, and the time of year, which determines the amount of sun on the target. I shoot better in the mornings when I'm fresh and anxious to get going. I do, however, squad later in the day if there are low light conditions. I have found that shooting in the correct lighting gives you more "face" to the targets, and makes them much easier to see..... Just my experience.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I love being able to see the targets well. Wind is a factor to me also as I have neuropathy in my legs and tend to wobble in the wind.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

I don't really care. Early squads have less light and less wind. Later squads have more light and more wind. Through years of hard practice, I have learned how to miss targets under both conditions.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.