1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SHOOT COOLENT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 686, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686

686 TS Member

for those using dot type 3 brake fluid for your coolent. what do you do with it when you finish for the day? do you cover it up, put it in a sealed in a continer, or leave it open? if left oppen is there a problum with mosture-water getting in it? i know it is water base but could you get to much? i just started using type 3 and want to treat it right. mine started out nice and clear, now it is getting dinge. i guess that is normal. thanks

2. 686

686 TS Member

3. Lither

Lither TS Member

a little dinge or darkening of the coolant is normal. it picks up dust and rust from the table and ammo cans, and oxides from the shot. as long as it still making good shot, who cares?

I put mine in a five gallon bucket with a lid, to keep fly's and bugs from getting in it and drowning, death to the little bastards, but it just kind of a pain to fish them out or claen of the pump screen.

4. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I threw mine out and went back to low-tox antifreeze.

Jim

5. 686

686 TS Member

I started with hydrolic fluid. it made grate shot but was a pain in the ass to wash off.
    i switched to lotox antifreez and had pin holes. i added soap and made good shot for a while. after siting for a mo i was making shit and it looked like popcorn. tride 2-3 times same thing.
    i then switched to dot-3 brake fluid the same day as last used the antifreez. the shot are not good.
    if you think antifreez will not burn just put sone on your hot lip. it will flane.
    i keep my coolent at 120-130 de. i would like to know what went wrong with the antifreez.
    to each his own. my douple drippers are making me 80 lbs. per of # 8s. i am feeding it 2 lb ingets but have to help it alone with a propane torch.

6. 686

686 TS Member

7. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

686 i leave mine in the tank(14 gal.)i used the last batch for over a year(5-6,000 lbs went through it and it was still working great)),last saturday i sold my better shot maker and gave the buyer the old fluid.i get it for free so i thought it wasnt a problem (wish i would have kept it).started out today with my new black max/brake fluid and dega vu,a few dimples,and not as nice shot as i was getting. it resembels the shot i was making with my old machine when i first started out with it,it took about 700-1000 lbs of running to get the nice looking shot with my old shotmaker/fluid.what im saying is give it some moore time and it will come around,all i chganged with my system was the shot maker/new fluid,every thing else is the same,my new black max sits in the same place as my old better shot maker,so it needs to run in,the up side is THIS BLACK MAX IS 2-3 TIMES FASTER, WOW,WOW,WOW,than what i was using..what a differance,all i can say is thanks jim,you just saved me a bunch of time,thanks mark jones

8. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

p.s. i use a parts washer for coolant tank and just close the lid,mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.