1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SHOOT A POOR SCORE, HIT LEWIS, FEELS GOOD????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    have you ever attended a large shoot, felt depressed because you just shot a poor score? then you check the score board, and you hit the bottom lewis class all by yourself and made a nice chunk of change? this happened to me recently. people were saying"BETTER LUCKY THEN GOOD" i went from A feeling that i shot poorly, to maybe thinking that i didn't shoot all that bad after all? HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU? ALSO, WOULD YOU RATHER SHOOT WELL, AND NOT WIN A CENT, OR HAVE AN OFF DAY AND SHOOT BELOW YOUR AVERAGE AND HIT A NICE LEWIS CLASS, ALL BY YOURSELF?
    steve balistreri

2. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Well, I don't feel much better...but it's something on a bad day.

3. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

I get really depressed when this happens; there's something not right about shooting well and getting nothing while someone else gets rewarded for being mediocre.

Morgan

4. pdq

pdq Member

Look at it from another point of view. The Lewis class is designed that way to allow non-AA shooters to have a chance. Recently I shot a 93 and won a couple of bucks in a Lewis. For many on this list, I suspect a 93 would be considered a miserable score. For me, it's one of my better ones.

Pete

5. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I would rather shoot good but even hitting the lower lewis class is bragging rights between several of us. LOL Besides it helps offset the cost of shooting once and a while.

I feel that if there wasn't something like the lewis system there would be less shooters and or less money avaliable at most shoots. After all why just give it to AA and AAA shooters all the time. Its true you have to start somewhere but lets make it a little more fun while your working your way up the ladder.

Bill

6. jrb

jrb Member

I once shot a 73 on a very windy day in handicap, Most of my misses were not wind related. Well, we had an option called the lucky lewis, the next score below the lewis scores shot off for the lucky lewis option money. 74 hit low lewis so my 73 was in the shoot off for lucky lewis. I found my head and won the shoot-off for more then one hundred dollars.....then we had donated money from a business every month where we would draw 2 numbers to shoot off for that money. Yep, i took first in that also for $125. Sometime it pays to be lucky, of course I became good real quick!

J. R.

7. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Hitting the Lewis with a top score is great, hitting it with a lucky score is fun and good for a laugh. Has anyone ever seen a shooter return the money for winning with a bad score?

Eric

8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Steve....Without question, I would rather shoot well than win a lewis purse. If I'm shooting well, chances are that I will hit the top of the lewis class sooner or later anyway....Dan Thome (Trap2)

9. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Do I remember a 79 in handicap hitting at the Grand this year for $170? A 79 is weak but I thing the 170 would take some of the sting out of it.

10. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

PUKEY- your correct, I am on vacation this week. bored out of my mind!
    good shooting,
    steve balistreri

11. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Hey, you shoot as good as you can and then smile when you hit the Lewis.

John C. Saubak

12. GeoCook

GeoCook TS Member

I know around here "ALMOST" everyone plays the Lewis class. Hell, I put in a check button that "Check All Lewis Class Payoffs" so I don't have to manually hit each and every Lewis in the tournament. I have seen shooters with a lone score of say 78 in a Handicap event win over $500 in the Lewis Class Option. I really believe that the reason most people play this Lewis is to run their shooting buddies if they out shoot hit but he makes more money in the Lewis Class payoff. I personally Always play the Lewis Class Option on any event that I shoot, in fact this may be the only option I play for that particular event. And when it becomes time for me to post the Lewis Class Winners the people are 3 deep waiting for the payoff to be posted. Then the bragging starts, " I knew I had to miss that one target to hit the Lewis, or in my case, Damn George you know what the score is going to be before hand so some of my shooting buddies ask what I broke and then that just automatically becomes one of the winning socres. I wish I were smart enough to know in advance what scores were going to hit as I would be a rich man.

I think the Leiws Class Is more for the "Fun of the Game" reather than expecting to win a bunch of money.

MHO

George R Cook

3S

13. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Lewis class is a lottery, shoot to win. I play the lewis and find myself hitting more times than not. with good scores and bad.

14. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Does a 100 and a 99 always hit the lewis or just the 100?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to shoot a good score when hitting the ball bad