1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shoes with springs??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Has anybody tried those shoes with what looks like valve springs in the heel of the shoe? The latest NRA magazine has an ad for shoes with springs.

Concrete floors are killing me. Getting old I know. I can't walk into a big box store for more than 5 minutes without having leg, heel pain.

Just wondering if anybody had tried any?

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

do you need steel toe work shoes or regular. the work shoes that i had are florshimke i think. got them from great lakes high test shoes in akron ohio., they were the best. or try sorbathhane inserts. motordoc

3. eperry

eperry Member

There is a brand called "Spira", not sure if that is what you are referring to. I have 2 pair not sure if I find they help. I have arthritis and plantar fascia problems and am constantly looking for shoes too. There are various online shoe stores, Footsmart is one that has a lot of foot gear for people with foot issues. I found insoles seem to help the best. Google comfort shoes and you can surf some of these stores that cater to foot problems.

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Bisi,

If you take the leap (sorry) and buy some, let us know how they work.

You peaked my interest and I see there are several brands out there.

Will try them on myself if I can find some in a brick and motar.

5. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Wolverine Dura-shocks are the way to go.
    Woody

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I can walk around outside in the grass for hours on end. 5 to 10 minutes in a Home Depot and my legs are killing me.

The shoes in the NRA magazine are "Gravity Defyer". They have an illustration where it looks like there are a couple of valve springs built in the heel.

Rick I'm like you I'ld like to find a local brick an mortar and try em out.

Maybe I should try and customize a pair of my own shoes, LOL. I've got valve springs out in the barn from a 65 Mustang - 289 hi po motor and some from a 390 truck motor. I weigh 200lbs any suggestions on which springs to use? LOL

Right now if I know I'm going to be on concrete for any time I wear golf shoes that have the plastic/rubber spyder spikes. They help but the spikes don't seem to last long.

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I remember there was a kids toy, where you strapped a setup like roller skates to you shoes, but there was 2 steelplates with springs sandwiched between them and you would hop around on them.

From what I remember they did not work that well either.

8. willyklouda

willyklouda TS Member

I have a pair of these They re made by a company called Gravity defyer

http://gravitydefyer.com/Home?search=orbit

They are actually very comfortable and nice to walk in. I don't really get the logo being a sperm? but I got a pair for free so I can deal with it.

9. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

You might need nothing more than a good set of arch supports. Had the same issue and got a set of the Dr.Scholls custom fit orthotic inserts from their do it your self machine. Best $50 I ever spent for foot relief.

Eric
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.