1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shoes for trap shooting?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by redhawk44, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

If you need a good solid heel in your shoes, you are either shooting too hot a load, or you need a heavier gun......;)

2. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Try a pair of Timberland boots or Redwings. Good solid shoes with plenty of support.

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Very interesting topic ... now a thought in relation to shoes come to mind.

Say you have adjusted all you can from your comb and pad but you still need to either raise or lower them more. Now you just dont have the bling for a new custom stock but you do have the jing for some shoe work or a possible new pair. Could you take a current set of shoes or get a new set from a cobbler but instead of the same thickness of sole on each shoe could you get a thicker or thinner sole on your back footed shoe to help raise or lower your POI?

Just a few thoughts to ponder upon when making a shooting shoe purchase decision.

4. james huffington

james huffington TS Member

chatbrat, the best that i have found are Propets stability Walkers, i really like mine, they come in all sizes and widths, at a very affordably price. look for them on Shoebuy.com. I've done business with them and highly recommend them. Good shooting and smokem. Big Jim

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

These should be wide enough.

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Having watched some of the great trapshooters -Britt Robinson, Larry Gravestock, Jon Hall etc. the answer is clear: cowboy boots.

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

dickgtax, don't forget Daro Handy!! Hap

8. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

Shoot Boot was out years ago from Orvis Company , I saw people with them on I cant say if the helped or not but ! I dont Know IF they still make them or sell them . The shoot boot leaned you into the gun . Id fall over face first propbley

Pat Kelley

9. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

Shoot Boot was out years ago from Orvis Company , I saw people with them on I cant say if the helped or not but ! I dont Know IF they still make them or sell them . The shoot boot leaned you into the gun . Id fall over face first propbley

Pat Kelley

10. 154

154 TS Member

Red Hawk 44: Now how did you come to this conclusion ?

11. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Flip-Flop's and duct tape....

Curt

12. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

In the summer, Vans skate boarding shoes. In winter Lands End boots.

Jerbear

13. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

flip flops in summer..........new balance in winter

14. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Phil, Check out Men's Guide Ware shoe at Cabela's. They come it 3 different styles if I remember correctly. Slip-on, Slip-on with tie, and lace -up.

I have back problems and shot in cowboy boots until I couldn't handle it anymore. I tried a pair of these shoes a yr. ago and now have three pair. If you need more information let me know. Good luck and good shooting. Steve

15. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I've been wearing "Roper Horseshoes" for work, casaul and for shooting for years and they are very comfortable and the toughest, hard to wear out shoe I have ever owned.

16. erm

erm Member

Does anybody remember the "Shoot Boot" from back in the 80's. Oops I'm dating myself. It was a leather oxford that had a slightly higher heel to give you that forward lean. That's how my buddy got his nickname "Shoes".....erm

17. gotbass

gotbass Member

Keens - get em at Zappos.com great site and no questions asked free shipping returns. Keens have sandels, shoes, boots, and running and hiking. Mike

18. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Frank Little wore the same shoes when he shot. He would put them on as he got ready to shoot with all his other equiptment. I wish he was still here to give us his reasons and expertise as he gave great thought to the smallest details of shooting. He as a joy to watch and a friendly as they came when he had room in his shooting classes he would fill them up with pva war veterans and give them free lessons.

19. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

The Aussies market shoes specifically designed for the shooting sports in US sizes 7 1/2 to 15(linked above):

<center>[​IMG]</center>

The conversion rate makes the price $220.57 USD but they must be special magic shoes for that price.

Morgan

20. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Clown shoes are big and wide and floppy and might confuse the competition:)

38-01615

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.