1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shoeless John Roberts

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by WS-1, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Say it ain't so, John.

(I don't remember ever feeling more betrayed than I do right now.)

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

"The Sonny Liston of the Supreme Court"

I'll credit that one to Bisi.

3. warren

warren Member

Maybe this will finaly wake up the American public, after all the officials who made that law and put it though congress were elected by the people. It is the duty of our courts to uphold laws in place. If we want to get rid of that law the way to do it is elect the people who will. How can you expect one man to overrule millions. He may well have done our cause a favor.

warren

4. porky

porky TS Member

Ever since he became the chief supreme court justice, it was a known fact that he wanted all the U.S. laws to agree with European and world laws. He is changing things as we go. George knew this too.

5. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

You couldn't wake up the American public if you put a cherry bomb up their rear ends and torched it off.

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Unfortunately Mr Galt I think you are right, they will sit on their asses and watch the ship sink then wonder why

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Now Mr. Galt, how can you say that? You could ask those people anything about sports, or Hollywood, or pop culture and they could give you a fast accurate answer.

8. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I too think that this ruling was not decided on the constitution but was ruled on how to end up where it did.
    It's getting more like that every where you turn.

9. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Last night I had a number people gathered around my table for a birthday gathering. As I always do, I began a conversation about the country, history, the Constitution, etc.. Instead of being bored, everyone wanted to hear more and wanted to say something. The conversation was lively and informed many of the guests about things they did not know. This always happens. Perhaps this is the kind of grass roots activity which will wake up the sleeping giant. Maybe not.

10. bgf

bgf Active Member

'The sleeping giant'...can we as tea party....

11. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

This post subject should be titled "Clueless John Roberts"...Bill

12. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

buzzy, I heard from some of Sonny Liston's relatives this weekend. They are not too thrilled about having their relative (Sonny) being mentioned in the same sentence/breath as Judge Roberts. They were considering getting an injunction but no longer have any faith left in the legal system. They said it was corrupt from the top down, and not possible to receive fair treatment under the law anymore.

After thinking about it - they have a point. Sonny was just a young uneducated black dropout with no real prospects down on his luck. Employed in a shady business controlled by people with mob connections. He had no power, no political connections, just a single man trying to stay alive, please his bosses and make a living.

Now look at Roberts. Educated. Roberts graduated at the top of his high school class from La Lumiere School, a Catholic boarding school. Captain of the football team, and served on the student council. Post high school he was accepted at Harvard where he graduated with a bachelor’s degree summa cum laude in 1976. After that he entered Harvard Law and graduated magna cum laude.

After college he served as law clerk to William Rehnquist on the United States Supreme Court. Then he went on to be a special assistant to the US Attorney General..............blah, blah, till he was appointed to be the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.

I see Sonny's relatives point. It's one thing for a poor uneducated, no power guy to take a dive for a few bucks that really hurt nobody, but to take a dive when you are the CHIEF JUSTICE OF THE US SUPREME COURT. And by taking that dive you will fundamentally change a whole country. Unforgivable. I wouldn't want my name mentioned with Judge Roberts either.

Instead, we should refer to Sonny Liston as "The Judge Roberts of Boxing"

13. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

My mind goes back to 1977 and the classic "Saturday Night Fever" but this time with John Roberts (not John Travolta) playing the white leasure suit bedecked Tony Manero doing a rousing rendition of "Un, un, un, un takin'-a-dive,... Un, un, un, un TAKIN'-A-DIIIIIIIIIVVVVE, Takin'-a-dive!"

14. shadow

shadow Active Member

I have been mistaken more than once, but this might not be all bad. Chief Justice Roberts may have just insured that it will be a VERY long time before the Dims have power in D.C.

15. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

That was a nice dream shadow but it's time to wake up and smell the coffee. He finished the job that started with the 16th amendement.

16. crusha

crusha TS Member

Bisi,

I'm going to reserve the title," The Judge Roberts of Boxing," to Michael Moorer.

When he took that little tap on the chin and laid down and died, and George Foreman came up on camera praising God and his dead ancestors...well, that did for the Heavyweight division just about what Roberts just did for Healthcare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.