1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shoe/boot recommendation needed

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by gotbass, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gotbass

gotbass Member

Wore Keen sandals all summer and now my noral shoes and boots are no longer comfortable and frankly don't help my shooting (add that to you list of "Lost" excuses. Anyway I need something light, waterproof or highly water resistant, and of course comfortable. None of my Rockports, Asics or old boots are doing the job. I know that everyone has a personal favorite, but was hoping for a couple of popular favorites. Thanks. Mike Redding CA

2. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

Hi Mike, I have always liked a brand called Dunhams. They didnt have any fancy stuff like gore-tex(not that its a bad thing) or grams of thinsulate. They used to have the slogan "take water and mud in stride with dry feet inside". The Dunham Canadian Duraflex are the ones to get. They are sort of a mustard yellow. The last time I got them, I had to order them from a place in New Hampshire. The first pair of these I bought years ago had a bottle of Dow Corning liquid silicone in the box. The directions said to use the whole bottle, I have been doing that the current pair every fall since then. Best of luck to you.

3. Mark-in-Maine

Mark-in-Maine Member

Check L.L. Bean for Technical Upland boots. They feature a steel wire BOA lacing system and they are comfortable as slippers. I really like them.

4. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

Mike,
    Under Armour speed freak boots. Very nice, light and goretex.

I also tournament bass fish. Lake Shasta is my favorite lake.
    Will be coming down in Jan-Feb to fish a couple.

Bill

5. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

Red Wing 877's been in em' for decades, still a good boot. Great lifestyle that keeps you in sandals for months! My toes have never been exposed to direct sunlight.

6. broadwaybill

broadwaybill Member

Red Wings are still made in the USA. Keep America working.
    Fifteen two and a pair is four.
    Bill

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Irish Setter "King Toe" if you want to still feel like you're in your sandals.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Russel Bird Shooters, true moccasin construction and rebuildable. They will make them to fit your feet, and keep the tracings on file.

Give Lefty a call, you won't be sorry.

Better by far than most factory made boots and shoes.

HM

9. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Keen makes hiking boots now. If you liked the sandals fit,you'll probably like the fit of the boots.

HBT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.