1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shirt moving????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nords, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nords

nords Member

My sons complaining that his shirt is moving after he mounts the gun, which is causing his head to come off the gun. (not a rookie 95 ave) Any suggestions?

2. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

His shooting shirt is too big. I would suggest he get a smaller size or more of a custom fit shirt/vest. I just had my shooting vest altered for the 2nd time as it was too big where I mounted the gun. Too much material changes alot of things and messes with the mind. My 2 cents.

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Yes, wear TIGHT t-shirts. My first coach told me to do that, and it makes a big difference.

I have a RAD on the buttstock and have no recoil, so I have started shooting in spaghetti strap tops, placing gun directly on my skin. I get a little bit of a rub at extended shoots such as the Grand, but I absolutely can feel my gun go up in the exact same place when I shoot in that kind of top. I realize guys can't do that, though.

Also, make sure that you wash any new shirt, because new ones tend to have a shiny coating on them that makes them a little slippery (even cotton tees), and always use non-slippery material. such as cotton.

4. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"I have started shooting in spaghetti strap tops"

Me too and it is driving my squad mates crazy. LOL

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear Recurvy

Several weeks ago, I bought a Perazzi Mirage set up for Bunker. It is a fabulous gun (the knockout gold-lined one Great Lakes Sporting had for sale a while back), and I have a factory try stock on it. Needless to say, it fits me as well as anything I have ever shot. I set it up for comfort as well as desired POI, per Neil Winston. It can be set to fit about ANYONE. Even my handicap load is easy to shoot in this delightful gun. Thanks, Kurt!

Over three days, I had a 300 straight (three consecutive 100 straights mixed in with Skeet, Wobble Trap and Bunker) on the 16 yard line going with it until Sunday (my lifetime best). A gorgeous young creature came to the trap line dressed as you described, and I missed my 301st target.

You girls do not play fair! LOL

Seriously, when weather permits, I also prefer a tight T shirt or tank top. I wear a small (5' 10", 160 lbs). Even when shooting Handicap loads, I prefer the tank top. It IS easier to reference the stock on bare skin than a bunched up shirt. I have vests I never use, and have given several to the club to loan to new shooters.

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Recurvy."I realize guys can't do that, though". Why? Spaghetti straps for the guys from the Pittsburgese area do that quite often. I think it's sexy. Murray.

7. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Shirt, hell, just go topless.

8. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I like the new UnderArmour type shirts.

9. SR1

SR1 TS Member

Topless doubl's now thats what we need.

10. recurvyarcher

JBrooks and others: If you shoot in a tank, or nekkid, remember to shave the hair off your chest, as it will get pulled during recoil. I regularly shave mine. :)

Also, I would go for the topless shooting, but most of us, including most of the guys I have seen, need the over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder to keep the twins under control during recoil.

11. trapshootin hippie

Recurvy, I'm gonna keep quiet on that one.

Gne J

12. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I find that to achieve a proper mount...a push-up is necessary..and damn I look good in it...anyone for a round of skeet??

13. recurvyarcher

Just trying to point out that male and female shooters are not so different. LOL!!!

OK, I don't shave. I use an epilator. I like that ripping feeling, especially at the area where I have a fresh rub from my recoil pad.

14. trapshootin hippie

I don't shave either, just use a wood rasp.

15. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Hahahahahaaaa...some of the guys have bigger manboobs that some of the gal shooters!

I really don't wanna see that!

16. trapshootin hippie

EE, ya gotta blame head lifting on something. Shirt moving is as good a candidate as any, right?

17. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I wear a shooting jacket that is made by Columbia Sportswear and some of my friends call it a MANssiere due to the padding on both sides.

Anyway - picture was taken at the NC HOF 2007 - Bill Keever on the left and Jeff Galloway on the right!

FRedmon

Epilator?

18. trapshootin hippie

"I really don't wanna see that!"

How do ya know, if ya haven't been looking?

Gne J

19. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Ok this conversation has completely gone down the toilet. lol

I have problems with my shirt grabbing the butt stock when I dismount, but I tend to sweat alot (hot flashes you know) and my face will slide off the stock because of that. How's THAT for TMI? hehehe

Luvn

20. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Curvy,

This is where the Pheasant Man should divulge his super secret recoil pad!

Me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.