1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shipping to New York

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xtj, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtj

xtj Guest

I have seen on gun broker where some people do not want to ship guns to new york state I am wondering why????

Thanks JKG

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Probably the City as opposed to the State. Just like Chicago is to Illinois. Its not actually part of the State IMHO.

Matt

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

We have an AWB, so we can't have collapsible stocks, flash hiders, bayonet lugs, the shoulder things that go up, etc. Unless the firearm is preban. We also can't have pistols that weigh over 50 oz. :( NY=FAIL

4. grntitan

Rich--Why the pistol weight thing? I'm try'n to figure that one out.

Matt

5. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Pistol thing is because we have a bunch of ignoramous lawmakers that consider them an assualt weapon. I want a Ruger Charger but they are banned in NY. Problem here is NY City and the other large cities keep electing Democrats that are anti gun.

6. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Some sellers don't know the difference between NY City and the rest of NY State.

7. grntitan

"Some sellers don't know the difference between NY City and the rest of NY State."

That's what i figured too. Same thing happens often here in IL. I have noticed now in some catalogs and websites it will say "Not For Sale in Chicago". It used to be "Not For Sale In IL". I still don't understand how you limit guns by weight? I mean wouldn't a 50oz. or heavier likely NOT be the gun of choice by the thugs? Of course when has common sense been used in the DUMB gun laws?

Matt

8. 870

870 Well-Known Member

FWIW, NY doesn't ban all handguns over 50 oz. It's not that over 50 oz. is illegal by itself, it is a part of the "evil items" that define semiauto "assualt weapons." It's the familar wording of a semi-auto with "2 or more" of the listed "evil" items being considered an AW.

9. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

"Rich--Why the pistol weight thing? I'm try'n to figure that one out."

You tell me, my guess is as good as yours. I would guess because a majority of the "evil" pistols weight in at over 50 oz. (i.e. Uzi, M11, etc.).

10. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

"FWIW, NY doesn't ban all handguns over 50 oz. It's not that over 50 oz. is illegal by itself, it is a part of the "evil items" that define semiauto "assualt weapons." It's the familar wording of a semi-auto with "2 or more" of the listed "evil" items being considered an AW."

Correct, it just happens though that all the pistols that weigh in over 50 oz. happen to have other evil features.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.