1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shipping Stock to Canada

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TNCoach, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

I'm getting ready to ship a stock and forearm to Canada and I've heard that customs can be tough.

Does anyone have any experience?

Thank you,
    TNCoach

2. mag410

mag410 Active Member

I have shipped half a dozen or so stock sets to Canada, with no problems. USPS is the least expensive way. UPS and FedEx charge the shippee to clear customs.

Michael

3. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

When you are asked to describe it on the customs form, say it is a wood carving.

4. twopipe

twopipe Member

yeah, lie to the Federal Government, they like that !

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I've shipped both ways and use USPS/Canada Post and describe the items as "Carved Walnut".....no problems...

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Your not supposed to ship any firearm parts over the border, even wood. These packages are at least randomly opened, and I wouldn't want to face federal jail time or a stiff fine b/c I couldn't follow the rules.

7. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

We ship and receive to and from Canada all the time. List the items as "Repair Parts". Priority mail works , but is S-L-O-W. UPS is quick but has more paperwork to fill out.

Ken Rucker

8. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

I have shipped several Remington 700 factory stocks to Canada with no problems, filled out the forms honestly. About a year ago got a notification from US Customs that they had confiscated one because it was a weapon of war. I shipped 2 stocks one day apart, one went through fine the other taken. I lost the stock and this ended my shipping to our neighbors up north, south or anywhere outside the US. I think it is just who you get as an inspector, some may be against firearms and just there way of causing problems. Well it worked for me, not worth the trouble or loss.
    Carey

9. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I have ordered several stocks from Boyd's and as long as the value is under US$100, they will ship to Canada via USPS/Canada Post. There are US businesses on the border that handle package freight for Canadian customers and I would use them for any non FFL goods like stocks and then take them over the border myself... attheborderstorage.com in Sweetgrass, MT. being one of them.

10. mag410

mag410 Active Member

Here is a link to the Canadian regulations, in case you want to read for yourself instead of taking "word of mouth". Or maybe "word of finger"?

Most any part except receivers and specific parts for "assault weapons".

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d19/d19-13-2-eng.html

Michael

11. GOT A PAIR

GOT A PAIR TS Member

twopire- the govt. links you posted are changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.