1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shipping Shells ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chipdaddy, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipdaddy

chipdaddy Member

It's easy enough to buy shells and have them shipped to your home but what about shipping shells to someone else? Fedex said there was a mountain of paper work and so forth. One of my family moved out of state and has a favorite load that I do and I didn't know it would be a real hassle to ship shells. I didn't try the Post Office or UPS. Has anyone tried to ship shells. Jerry

2. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

UPS, but use a real UPS shipping center and not a "UPS Store". No HazMat involved.

It's no more of a hassle than shipping socks but remember that the charge is figured on the weight of the shipment, the dimensions of the box and the distance it travels. It can get pricey. You DO ned to apply the appropriate "ORM-D" labels (Other Regulated Materials, Domestic) to the box on at least 2 surfaces.<center>
    [​IMG]
    </center>

Carol Lister

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I shipped rifle cartridges Fedex a month ago. NO problem. Take a marker and write "ORM-D" on the box and draw a square around it. USPS will not ship ammo. And UPS is a festering pile of dog poo.

HM

4. chipdaddy

chipdaddy Member

Thank, I really didn't think the Fedex person knew all the rules. Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.