1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shipping Rifle to Califonia???????????????????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by plabels466, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plabels466

plabels466 Member

OK, here is a question talked about at my gun club with many different opinions.....This is a serious question so please only if you are positive please answer my question because I have to ship a rifle to Califonia......Can I ship by UPS or Fed EX - directly to the buyer<<<<<<<<<..........Or do I need to ship to his FFL Dealer.......I understand fully that I cannot do this at our USPS..... Forget about insurance or how to shipping methods.....Can I ship this rifle to the buyer, from me to directly him???????????? I am not sure of the law requiring this so please help......Thanking all in advance......Pete

2. Richshoots

Richshoots TS Member

I am sure that UPS or Fedex cn explain their shipping ruleas and regulations. They ,at times, require that you utuilize a central shipping hub rather than a local site.
    Rich Larsen

3. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Went thru this a few months ago and the answer is no you cannot ship it direct. Because of California state laws it must go from an FFL in your home state to an FFL in Calif. I did ship it via FedEx but removed the buttstock and forearm wood and shipped that direct to the purchaser. Packed rifle in a PVC tube with bubble wrap and put it in a box lined with styrofoam insulation.

4. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

FFL to FFL is the usual way, but some of the guys here in SOCAL will take a phot copy of your driver's license as a proof of shipping..bottom line it MUST be sent to an FFL holder!

LB

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

This may be of help...

http://www.losttarget.com/firearmshipping.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.