1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shipping regulations revisited

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tcr1146, Aug 16, 2013.

1. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the wrong topic! My wonderful windows 8 will not let me click on the off topic thread without the screen reverting to the previous screen. Therefore the thread topic cops will have to tolerate me! After searching in this Podunk town, I can ship a shotgun to California using a ups hub. They know the regs and agree I can ship directly myself to the ffl holder there. Now, how or where do I include the ffl license holder on this package. Do I put the info inside the package and just address the package to his address or just what do I do? Thanks, Tom Rhoads

2. plux001

plux001 Member

Tom...the reason you are having computer problems is because you are drinking BEFORE posting a question, rather than after......

By the way...are you headed to the Cardinal next week? PM me with your plans.

Paul

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Check your pms Paul! Tom

4. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

First of all have the FFL you are sending the gun to either mail, email or fax you a copy of their FFL license. Keep the document for your records. You can check online at the BATF website if the license is current and the address is correct. Send the gun to the FFL's address. I include a letter explaining who will be picking up the gun. If the receiving FFL accepts a firearm from an individual, they might request a copy of your drivers license. UPS now only asks if you are shipping the gun to an FFL and does not require a copy of the FFL. Don't know about FedEx.

Pat