1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shipping question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

bought a gun from a guy in pa. he is not a ffl dealer. i live in il. can the guy in pa send the gun to my ffl dealer or must he take the gun to a pa ffl dealer and he, the pa ffl dealer, then send the gun to the il dealer?

2. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

Firearms may not be mailed or shipped interstate from one non-FFL to another non-FFL but may be shipped intrastate. Personally owned rifles and shotguns may be mailed or shipped to an FFL in any state for any lawful purpose, including sale, repair, or customizing. An FFL may ship a firearm or replacement firearm of the same kind and type to a person from whom it was received. Under U.S. Postal regulations, handguns may be sent via the Postal Service only from one FFL to another FFL, or between authorized government officials.

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

A private seller can ship to a FFL. The FFL then gives the gun to the purchaser. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to provide you, the seller, the name,address and copy of FFL licence. I have used USPS with good results. Jake

4. TjayE

TjayE Member

What is the approximate cost to ship a $4000.00 shotgun through the USPS with the proper insurance. Just a ball park figure. Thanks. Tom

5. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

some FFL dealers won't accept firearms from private sellers, irregardless if it is allowed by law. Check with the receiving FFL is he has a problem with accepting shipments from a private party. I have come across a few that won't accept such transactions.

other than that, Jake pretty much summed it up....ask your dealer if he needs a copy of the seller's government issued ID (e.g. driver's license). I never came across a FFL that did not want this information.

6. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Tom ~~ I just sent a $5000 gun priority, registered, insured. It cost me approx $35.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.