1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shipping pre-1899 firearm abroad?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I'm presently helping my dad sell a 1874 French Gras Carbine on gunbroker.

I just received a inquiry from an individual in France who might be interested in purchasing the gun.

Here is the US, it qualifies as an antique, and thus isn't subject to a vast majority of the firearm regulations (can be sent directly to buyer, doesn't have to go through FFL), but I have no clue what all would be involved in shipping overseas.

Getting the $ would be the other issue, but that's probably an easier issue to resolved, probably the only way to do that (and protect me) would be to take a western union wire transfer).

Any help appreciated, even if you can point me to a website that would outline this a little better. I'm willing to do it if there's not that much extra leg work, but don't want to get involved if there's even the slightest additional element of risk over selling to someone here in the US.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.