1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SHIPPING LONG GUNS TO CALIFORNIA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BAD 303, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

What are the restrictions and laws for shipping shotguns to California? I see some dealers will not do it and wonder why. Thanks

2. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Thanks. I have a guy wanting a gun i have for sale but did not know if i could ship it to his ffl holder without other hassles. I am not a dealer so it's sounds like i should be able to ship it to his ffl with no other problems.

3. BMC

BMC Member

All the information you need can be found here:

http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcfaqs.php

https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/cflcoverview.php

Most of my long guns have been purchased from out of the state of CA (which is where I live :) I have a great FFL who follows the rules to the letter and is very easy to work with. Buying a long gun from outside of the state of CA or shipping to an FFL in the state of CA is easy. Some non-CA FFLs just don't like to do the check and get the approval number. Too bad for them as they usually miss out on a good sale.

4. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

Goose2 --

the word is "sell"

5. Smittys Guns

Smittys Guns TS Member

I am an FFL holder and I ship guns out every week all over the United States (Yes even to California). It takes about ten minutes to set up an account and it takes maybe five minutes more of my time to print out a State of California shipping document. I believe this is well worth my time as gun I shipped out today was number 79 to California in last two years. Dennis

6. tp

tp TS Member

Goose 2 it is obviously not the law abiding citizens of California who set up our gun control laws. So how does boycotting California help us California shooters? Oh, right, helping others shooters is a foreign concept to you. Since you don't want to help shooters,why don't you give us your real name? Maybe we can get all the shooters to boycott you.

7. BMC

BMC Member

Thank you Dennis for having the common sense and un-biased capitalistic desire to overlook the few extra steps you have to take to help out CA shooters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shipping long guns to california