1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shipping lead in flat rate boxes?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

What precautions have you guys been taking when shipping lead shot in the medium flat rate boxes? I'm a little worried about what happens if one gets dropped and the bags tear open. Are you covering the boxes with copious amounts of tape, reinforcing the inside of the box w/ something, or ?

2. revbook

revbook Member

I have built liners for the boxes from 1/2" waferboard with a screwed on lid. Then just seal the cardboard box as you normally would. The liner is reusable, just take it out of the old box and put it into a new one.
    Don

3. Harley Lekvold

Harley Lekvold TS Supporters TS Supporters

I wrap the package with nylon reinforcement tape and have never had a problem,

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Ian, Gamaliel started charging a extra dollar and raised it from 12.00 to 13.00 dollars so they could place a tracking number on the box as well. Many of the boxes just started to disappear after a period of time with no way to find out what happened to them. Just a FYI for you, hope it helps you out. Break-em all. Jeff

5. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

Delivery Confirmation is free on USPS Priority when printing your own labels.

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Ian, Some guys put the shot in two liter bottles. If the shot is in the new poly bags its ok but taping the sh&% out of the box is always a good idea. Jeff

7. plinker611

plinker611 Member

boxes are free,double box,just make shure you dont lose shape,post office gets funny about that,i cut the flaps off inner box,line with bubble wrap,and put in 2- 1/2 gallon milk jugs,tape all edges,and seams,sent out thousand of lbs,never a problem,mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shipping lead flat rate

shipping lead shot in flat rate boxes