1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shipping Hulls

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by biggreen, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biggreen

biggreen TS Member

0   0   0

My girls are counting thru the once fired hulls my son saved up while he was shooting and trying to make some summer money.
    I could not find any recent threads concerning best shipping methods and wanted to get some shipping suggestions before putting them up for sale for them.

I really don't know if this will be worth their efforts.

Here is what I have found from searches so far.....
    * I have best access to USPS shipping.
    * I read where an 18x18x18 box will hold 2000 hulls
    * I read that a large USPS priority box will hold 500 (I assume this is the one rate box I just read about online that is 12x12x5.5")

Looks like they have about 1400 sts and nitros, 2-3000 gun clubs, 2000 20 ga remingtons, 2-3000 remington game loads so far.

Any suggestions are appreciated

James

2. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

0   0   0

Figure for the premium hulls (Nitro and STS) you can get about $0.05 each for them. Gun Clubs about 3 cents if you are lucky. the otehrs I would toss. I shipped 2000 not to long ago via USPS and it was around $20 per 1000. You can get around 500 in a standard paper ream, box. If I remembered correctly, 1000 hulls weighed close to 20 pounds.

3. laura!

laura! Member

0   0   0

James,

Sounds like you have it right. I've never shipped them, just bought them and 500 per box is what works. Also you may want to check with your local gun club, you may be able to sell them without shipping them at all.

Does anybody pay for gun clubs?

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

If you have a way to ship Fedex, they are usually far and away the cheapest. Throw the hulls in a clay pigeon box, and your good to go.

Let me know what you come up with on the 20ga hulls, might be interested.

5. checker

checker Member

0   0   0

James sent you and E-mail on buying STS and Nitros....Thanks Charles

6. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

FedEx is way less expensive for anything that weighs over 2 or 3 pounds.

The USPS flat rate boxes are great for dense items (empty hulls do not fall in this category).

Jim Skeel

7. biggreen

biggreen TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the information.
    The STS/Golds were sold not much longer after I put up the inquiry.

Unfortunately FedEx is too far away for me but it sounds like a good option if closer.

From some of the emails I received, the other hulls are not worth the shipping because they are the older gun clubs and game loads. After they get a better estimate of the other hull, I may try to offer them at a low price for local pickup in central VA to see if they can get something back for counting the : )

Thanks again for the help!

James

8. Customstox

Customstox Member

0   0   0

I just ran a check on a package that is being sent to me in Washington from Virginia. It weighs 12 pounds and is a regular sized package. USPS was $18.52, UPS was $21 and Fedex is $22.14.

9. checker

checker Member

0   0   0

ttt....Look for a good deal on the 2000 20 ga remingtons.....Thanks James

10. PaShooter

PaShooter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Used to sell lots of empties through Ebay(before they banned them) and always used FedEx Ground. Set up an account and printed everything from home and then dropped off at any FedEx location.

Aways figured Nitro's of STS weighed in at about 20-21 lbs per thousand.

Paul H
    Imperial, PA

11. 87AA

87AA TS Member

0   0   0

If you are friends with a business that has an account with Fedex or UPS, have them process the shipment on their account. Business accounts and volume shippers usually get a break. It might save you a few bucks.

12. IM390

IM390 Member

0   0   0

Priority is for getting something to another location quickly and you pay for that service. If you just want to get it there, you should check out parcel post. Also there is a special parcel post classification called a "balloon", where you ship an item that doesn't way much but takes up a large volume of space. I believe you can get prices on USPS.com Most items shipping in parcel post have a maximum size of 17x17x34.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.