1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shipping Hulls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Flat Rate shipping is usually not the best shipping method be it UPS or USPS. I usually box them in my own box and send them by the cheapest method available based on where its going, box size and weight. You can usually get boxes from behind grocery stores, Dollar General Stores, Wal Mart etc. etc.

The Flat Rate shipping is usually only good when the item is very small or heavy for its size. They charge you for using their boxes and its usually a few bucks cheaper in your own box. Hulls are not cheap to ship period. They are bulky and in amounts have some weight. Good luck---Matt

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

How about putting a book in the box, use the shells to protect the book and send it book rate which is about half price. HMB

3. grntitan

HHMMMM i had not thought of that. Do you think they will buy the story that you need 1000 hulls to protect that one book? LOL

4. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

I had a shipment that came to the house marked media mail it had a cushion of newspaper to keep the rattling down. And a note saying the paper was for reading material included.

Don't know how much was saved but it was funny at the time.

Rock

JIm

5. grntitan

Rock--Thats what you call a Loophole. LOL----Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.