1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shipping gun to gun clubs before shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mallard2, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Can someone share their experience of shipping your guns ahead of a shoot to a gun club?

Who do you use as a shipper? Costs? About how long does it take to ship for instance, 500-900 miles?

Thanks a lot!

2. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Can someone share their experience of shipping your guns ahead of a shoot to a gun club?

Who do you use as a shipper? Costs? About how long does it take to ship for instance, 500-900 miles?

Thanks a lot!

3. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The Silver Dollar Shooters Club like many other clubs does not allow shooters to send their guns ahead to the club for a shoot. Liability factors and storage space do not permit this practice.
    Mike Battista

4. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The Silver Dollar Shooters Club like many other clubs does not allow shooters to send their guns ahead to the club for a shoot. Liability factors and storage space do not permit this practice.
    Mike Battista

5. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Is there any reason you couldn't mail it to yourself, General Delivery, at the nearest Post Office?

6. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Is there any reason you couldn't mail it to yourself, General Delivery, at the nearest Post Office?

7. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

This is second hand info; but it's my understanding that shooters traveling air, to PSSA events at Elysburg, have been doing just that. I suggest visiting the PSSA website and using the info tab to contact Chuck to learn if this is the case.

best...mike

8. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

This is second hand info; but it's my understanding that shooters traveling air, to PSSA events at Elysburg, have been doing just that. I suggest visiting the PSSA website and using the info tab to contact Chuck to learn if this is the case.

best...mike

9. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

i shipped mine to a friend in the city i was going shooting in. You might try a pack and ship place. I use fed-ex. Not sure but they might keep it for you till you arrive but not sure. How about the hotel you are staying in?? try that

10. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

i shipped mine to a friend in the city i was going shooting in. You might try a pack and ship place. I use fed-ex. Not sure but they might keep it for you till you arrive but not sure. How about the hotel you are staying in?? try that

11. Baber

Baber TS Member

It appears that this whole discussion is because people are afraid to turn their gun over to the airlines. I don't like having to do it either but have learned the system well enough to believe that going through the airlines is far better that sending through UPS, FEDEX or USPS. I have been all over this country with my Perazzis with little problems. Read the TSA rules and UNDERSTAND YOUR RIGHTS. Buy the best case and lock you can afford. Buy the extra baggage insurance and get on the plane.

Tom

12. Baber

Baber TS Member

It appears that this whole discussion is because people are afraid to turn their gun over to the airlines. I don't like having to do it either but have learned the system well enough to believe that going through the airlines is far better that sending through UPS, FEDEX or USPS. I have been all over this country with my Perazzis with little problems. Read the TSA rules and UNDERSTAND YOUR RIGHTS. Buy the best case and lock you can afford. Buy the extra baggage insurance and get on the plane.

Tom

13. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

A few years back people were shipping their guns to the Grand at Vandalia. That was the year UPS went on strike. What a cluster that caused.Some people had to borrow guns to shoot events.

14. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

A few years back people were shipping their guns to the Grand at Vandalia. That was the year UPS went on strike. What a cluster that caused.Some people had to borrow guns to shoot events.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.