1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shipping gun back to factory?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Scootermac50, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scootermac50

Scootermac50 Active Member

Looking at sending my Guerini back for a pit stop. What is the best packaging to ship it?

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Normally in the original case is a good way, but some manufactories specifically indicate not to use a gun case, I shipped a Magnum rifle to Ruger for work in a rifle case few years ago, they shipped the case back to me when they received the gun.

Check with them how they want it.

3. thomaslea1

thomaslea1 Member

Dropped mine off at the Grand last year and they mailed it back to me in the original case.

4. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

I just sent mine to them today! I wrapped the broken down gun in bubble wrap, etc and boxed it.

Caesar Guerini 700 Lake Street Cambridge, MD 21613

Include your name, address, telephone # and a discription of what you want done. I sent it Prioity, insured USPS.

5. rdf59

rdf59 Member

I have sent 2 CGs to Guerini in MD for the pit stop work. Both were sent with their original case (one being a combo). I put them in their cloth bags then put them in their case. Then took them to my local Pack and Ship. The fellow put them in a special made carton and taped all corners as required by USPS for insured mail. The packaging cost me $8.00.

I shiped them via US Mail Express (overnight) for about $100 and insured for the maximum of $5,000. For a combo, you just keep your fingers crossed.

When they are sent Express, they are not sitting around too long any place. That is the way that a very experienced gun seller-shipper told me to do it.

6. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Scooter,

As was mentioned above, just have it done at Sparta.

Chad has an opening on his squad. Or you can shoot with me. (I'll let you. LOL)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.