1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shipping Boxes????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senorric, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senorric

senorric Member

Here's a question I've never seen addressed before: Where do folks that ship their firearms get the plain corrugated shipping boxes/cartons? I have several shotguns I want to sell on here but can't find the long plain boxes so I've held off. Thanks for any input --- Rich

2. Ross Randall

Ross Randall Member

I have been lucky at times and gone to gun shop. They sometimes have extras and will let you have one. Sometimes the UPS where you ship also have boxes.

Ross Randall

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

U-line sells many different boxes. I purchase mine from them.

Doug

4. senorric

senorric Member

Thanks. Looks like Uline only sells in lots of 25. What size do you normally get? --- Rich

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Make 'em yourself. Cardboard knife, packing tape, cardboard boxes and a little time. I worked in the shipping/receiving dept. of a wholesale warehouse for 12 years. You learn quick how to make a box to properly pack and ship any size or shaped item. It's actually quite easy. Wal Mart sells various size boxes but look behind grocery stores etc. and you can usually get all the cardboard you need for free.

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Uline, 6"x6"x48" or the next longer ones. Don't forget the bubble wrap!!

7. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I use bicycle boxes from bike shop heavy duty then slice and dice to fit. It does take time and labor I would prefer to buy will try U line

8. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

If you have a sporting goods store like Dick's, Gander Mountain, Bass Pro or Sportsman's Warehouse, ask for a take down gun case box. I have always found them just by asking.

9. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I have received several guns I've bought online in inexpensive plastic gun cases. One dealer told me they cost him no more than strong cardboard boxes, protect the gun better and add value to the sale.

Ed

10. philk

philk Member

Make them myself from large sheets of heavy cardboard from work, make them up to fit what ever you want. If you don`t have the factory overpack box get a cheap plastic gun case and wrap that with bubble wrap inside of the cardboard box you made, and what has been said you can`t get enough bubble wrap. Pay special attention on how you place barrels and stocks so there is no possibility that they can not touch and damage each other.

11. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Years ago I went to a box company in New Brunswick NJ with my specifications for a box that i figured would hold just about any long gun that I might have to ship. I bought 500 of them for under 2500. or less than 5. each. I didn't realize how many that was until I went to pick them up. Filled the back of my pickup.

Ed Yanchok

12. Lewes

Lewes Member

Go to Midway USA ,search ,gun shipping box. Irv

13. zzoom

zzoom Member

If you have a UPS store close by, they will box them for you. Just can't ship them, have to take to hub to ship...

14. lonebull

lonebull Member

Brownells sells them also in packs of 7 or 10 I think. Good quality with sleeves, but not really inexpensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.