1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shipping ammunition

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gearguywb, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gearguywb

gearguywb Member

I have a quite a bit of 416 Remington mag ammo that I would like to sell as I no longer have the rifle. How hard is it to ship ammo in this day and age? This stuff is all in factory boxes, etc.

Thanks in advance!

2. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

No problem. Just ship it anyway you'd like. Just mark "ORD" on the box. Loaded ammo is not a problem.

3. Papineau

Papineau TS Member

Mark ORD and UPS will ship. No Hazmat fees apply. Not all UPS stores will accept ammo for shipment, you may need to bring to depot. Or you could have them pickup at your door.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Print this label out and stick it or tape it to the box: http://www.type03.net/ammo/limitedquantity.pdf (you only need one of the squares, not all 4).

DO NOT use an ORM-D sticker or marking on your box. They are being phased out anyways in favor of the ones at the link I posted, and a LOT of ammo shipments are disappearing en route right now because of the high price of ammo, and a sticker stating "Small Arms Ammunition" on it SCREAMS "steal me".

Other than that, you can ship through a UPS or Fedex hub (rate both, but Fedex will probably be cheaper). You cannot ship though UPS Store or Fedex Kinkos or alike, it HAS to go to a hub. It CANNOT be shipped USPS, unless you're looking for a stay in the grey bar motel.

5. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Banned User Banned

How much ammo n what price?

6. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Easier way to get to the link provided by Skeet man

Click Here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.