1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shipping a stock to Canada? OK?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Porcupine, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

0   0   0

I admit that I am ignorant of Canadian import regulations. Is it OK to ship a stock to Canada using standard US customs documentation (Form CP72)? Or will they freak out because a piece of carved wood is trying to cross the border? Just asking ......

Thanks for the help.

LA in MA

2. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Heck, what could the problem be? It's a piece of wood! Unless you plan on beating someone with it as a club, it's harmless. I see no reason to have to declare it as anything other then artistic carved wood. Insure it and mail it!

Big Jack

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The US government has a bigger issue with exporting gun parts than the Canadian government. Ship it as wood ... do not put "gun" anywhere on the packaging. USPS ground mail is the best way to ship to Canada. Takes about 10 - 14 days. Bill Malcolm

4. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Bill is right. Not want to be "gun parts"

Joe Woosa/Ontario

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Insurance won't work unless you label it and when they see it is a gun part they might not ship---SJB---

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

There is a $100 value restriction. Now how that value is determined might be open to interpretation, but would be obvious if you included an invoice, or it was something that is easy to find a retail price for. I've heard a couple horror stories about sending gun parts over the border, only to have them confiscated.

7. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I agree with skeet man---Send with care---SJB---

8. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have sold 2 stock/forarm sets to the US from here in Alberta and have labeled the packages "CARVED WALNUT". One to Iowa and one to Virginnia. Both arrived with no problems....good luck!

9. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

0   0   0

RE: barrel sent to me from

Unless I'm mistaken, barrels shipped out of the US require an export permit.

-----

Under USA regulations, suppliers in the United States need an export permit to permanently export firearms and firearm parts to Canada. To get an export permit, they need to include a Canadian import document with their application. It is up to you or your import agent to obtain such a document from the Government of Canada and give it to your supplier.

Your supplier does not require a Canadian import document for muzzle-loading firearms, antique firearms, pellet guns or BB guns. Neither do they require one for shipments of firearm parts (other than frames, barrels, cylinders, receivers, and complete breech mechanisms) with a total wholesale value of less than $100 US.

It should be noted that there is no equivalent exemption offered by the Department of Commerce for shotgun parts. Further, there is no exemption for ammunition or ammunition components.

But, let the games continue...

10. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Gun Parts of ANY Kind...shipped out of the US = Trouble....Miss Labeled GUN Parts = Major Trouble...Would not want to be on the Answering end of that call or Knock of Door.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.