1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shipping a Shotgun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by emm2, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emm2

emm2 Member

I was just wandering I'm trying to ship a gun to a FLL dealer and I have contact UPS and they have told me that I have to ship UPS Next Day Air. And I just did a quote and it was going to cost $75.00. How does everybody ship their guns?

2. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

I just shipped my Citori to UPS ground to Midwest Gun Works,and back. No problems other that I had to prove that the shotgun was unloaded. Have then call their supervisor if there is a problem.

Good luck,

Shawn

3. JLW

JLW TS Member

I have shipped by USPS. Take the gun in packed in a case or box but leave it open for inspection, preferably broken down or you will have to sign an affidavid that it is unloaded.

Also good is FED-EX. They do not require shipping thru an FFL as UPS does or any other "Personal" requirements.-Jerald Ware

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

UPS has, for quite a while, been very discouraging as far as gun transport is concerned.

I use USPS or FEDEX and they are both reasonably priced and effective.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.