1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shipping a gun out of state

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shubble72, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

Can u ship a gun for repair to another state from illinois without having to use a ffl?
    Thanks

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

As long as the repair facility has an FFL, you're good to ship. Once repaired, the firearm can ONLY be shipped back to you. If it is not being returned to you, then it must go to an FFL holder.

Doug

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Just wait someone will tell you it has to go through your Grandmother first with two FFLs .

4. cave_canem

cave_canem TS Member

You as an individual gun owner can ship the firearm to a repair station and it can then be returned to you... that is not a problem at all.

-kevin

5. John 53

John 53 Member

To HE** with UPS. They held one of my guns hostage, and I avoid them whenever possible. The United States Post Office will ship your gun safely to the repair facility, and might save you a few bucks. Don't ship any ammo with it, and you should not have any problems.

UPS does as they plese, including opening your package and resealing it any way they want, and there is nothing you can do about it.

John

6. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

7. Model12Man

Model12Man TS Member

One point of experience: I Use Fed-ex exclusively. Many guns shipped as far as namibia and argentina, and never any problems.

-C

8. Smokin' Clays

Smokin' Clays TS Member

I had sent a handgun for warranty repair to Beretta. I waited 8 weeks and finally called. They sent it out 6 weeks earlier. It turns out that the local FedEx distribution hub logged it in but SOMEONE never logged it out. It just disappeared, gone, but still in my name. I ended up getting a new gun from Beretta and a nice long conversation with the BATF over the phone.

ALWAYS ship guns NEXT DAY! Too hard to workers to make it disappear with tracking.

9. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

Ishipped 2 machine guns to a class 3 dealer by ups--i labled the package machine PARTS--no problem.

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Comp 1 - no problem except you broke several laws-- geez guys - dont admit stuff like that online

regards from Iowa

Gene

11. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

gn, i broke NO LAWS WHATSOEVER--its perfectly legal to ship to a class 3 dealer. U.p.s. don't need to know whats in my packages. If they did know they might steal from me and they are completely unaware of gun laws and don't want to be made aware of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shipping a gun out of state