1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shipping a gun from Illinois

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JRD08, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRD08

JRD08 TS Member

My local post office said that they cant ship a gun and that I need to go through a dealer. Anyone else had trouble with this? I guess I will just keep paying the local dealer $30.00 so that the postman can pick the package up at his shop.

2. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

You can ship a long gun to a gunsmith, manufacturer, or FFL out side of the state. I went round and round with the clerk. Went home and printed out the regs for shipping long guns. Same clerk went to the PM he said no initially, but after seeing it in B&W he called District and they okayed it. Really snooty about the whole thing youda thought it was Haz Mat almost. Ended up driving the piece where it had to go. Rick Gibbs

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Quick infor....

http://www.losttarget.com/firearmshipping.htm

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Forget the post office... go to a UPS/FedEx counter and ship UPS/FedEx Ground for a long gun. Much more reasonable.

I recently shipped a gun UPS Ground to a gunsmith in MN for $30 including $2000 insurance and signature confirmation. No issues.

Jay

5. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Just a hint---Dont tell a fib but don't call it a gun. I had a counter agent aske me what was in the box and before I even thought I told her it was a "Shot Delivery System" She never batted an eye.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.