1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shippensburg Fish and Game..Traps Open 3/7

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Randy P, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy P

Randy P Member

Shippensburg Fish and Game will be opening its traps March 7 at 5:00pm. Come out and join the fun. 16yards, Handicap and doubles.

Directions

Starting on US 11 at the intersection of King ST and Earl ST (the square in Shippensburg):

* Travel north on Earl ST (PA Rt. 696) for 2 miles.

* Turn left onto Middlespring RD.

* Travel 1/2 mile on Middlespring RD (pass church and cemetery on right, old walled cemetery on left).

* Turn left onto McClay's Mill RD and then immediately bear right across the small bridge (staying on McClays Mill RD).

* Stay on McClays Mill RD for approximately 2 miles.

* Immediately after crossing the two single-lane stone bridges, turn left at the T-intersection. (You will remain on McClays Mill RD.)

* Travel 3/10ths of a mile to the sharp curve. The entrance to the club grounds will be on your left before you round the turn.

**From PA turnpike (Blue Mountain exit):

* Right onto Rt. 997.

* Take 2nd left (approx. 1 mi. at sign for Esh’s Buildings – Otterbein Church RD).

* At stop sign turn left on Newburg RD, then right on Paxton Run RD (which will run directly into McClays Mill RD at stone bridge).

* Continue ¼ mi. to club entrance on left.

2. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Good for you Randy, we have to promote our sport. And Ship is definitely on the way up.

One of these years you'll dethrone the league champs. Your pal Phil (in Waynesboro). [wink]

3. Randy P

Randy P Member

We're trying Phil, at $2.50 for 25 birds it's a bargin. Looking forward to shooting, are you shooting the league this year?

4. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Hey Randy. Maybe.

With the cost of everything going up (like gas!), you gotta really want to shoot the league to do all that driving. And last year I wasn't into it.

I must be losing my touch. I thought I could aggravate you a little. Maybe you plan on beating us *this* year? Is that why you're starting practice a month earlier than Waynesboro?

Anyway, bumping this thread up for a good guy.

5. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

I figured you'd make an appearance here Mike. See ya at our first practice, April 7th.

Randy told me at the Booster Shoot last year that his goal is to build his program to the point he can beat us eventually. He's going about it the right way. What do you think his chances are this year? (As if I didn't know).

Your pal Phil.

6. Randy P

Randy P Member

Hey that's why I like shooting with you guys, good clean fun and competition. You're the one I'm really after Phil....lol

7. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Thanks for the compliment Randy. You and Mike are the guys I most like to beat. If we could win every time, that would be no fun at all.

Looking forward to some good friendly competition. I hope you guys outshoot everybody in the league (except us, of course). See ya in April.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.