1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ship or Fly?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tuscarora 99, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Hello everyone, I am hopefully going to the Dixie Grand this January and was wondering, do you think i should ship the gun down and pick them up there, or do you think we should just check them in at the airport?

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Depends on where you are flying from and how many stops your flight makes. Each plane change exponentially increases your chances of a airline snafu. If you are on a direct flight say NY to Tampa I would check and insure my guns. If you are flying from a small airport to a hub then to another hub and on to Tampa with a plane change in the middle ... ship them UPS to the club in your name via Fedex or UPS. Insure them well. It ain't cheap but you will have your guns. Call Bill Miller a Silver Dollar, he's a good guy and will tell you how to address the guns so they come to the club and he can hold them for you.

See you at the Dixie!

Bob Schultz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.