1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shims for AL391 Urika Trap

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by djbrackney, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djbrackney

djbrackney Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Anyone know what shims I can get for the Urika Trap model and where I can get them? I only have the 40/45 because I bought it used. I have it set with the 45 but would like to have more drop. Thanks in advance!

David

2. Chuck DeVoid

Chuck DeVoid Member

0   0   0

Pat, first option goes to David of course since it's his thread and inquiry, but if he doesn't want your shims can I buy them from you. I would take both sets.

Let me know.

Thanks, Bill

3. djbrackney

djbrackney Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Pat, do the markings on the shims start with T or C? Just checking because my gun has the trap stock and the numbers would be different. If they are C shims, do you know how they would correspond to the T shims?

Thanks!
    David

4. djbrackney

djbrackney Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I'll take both of them Pat. Send me an email at djbrackney@comcast.net with address, etc.

Bill, if they don't work out with my trap stock I will sell them to you at the same price.

Thanks,
    David

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The 50-65 and 55-60 shims will give you the total range of drop that you could ever want. Keep in mind that it's not just the height of the
    comb that changes, it's where the butt of the stock contacts your shoulder.
    The 50-65 shim will give you reverse slope and make the stock effectively longer if you have any forward lean in your stance. Turning the shim upside down to 65-50 will give a lot of drop and the stock will be almost a field stock, and will most likely recoil more into your face.

6. djbrackney

djbrackney Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

dickgtax, the thing is that my al391 has the trap stock. It came with the T-40/45 shim set. It has the slight monte carlo stock as seen in the link. This makes the drop number different compared to the field/sporting stock.

7. Dickgshot

0   0   0

There's not that much difference between the stocks. I've used the same shim for the sporting clays stock and the parallel stock. The comb height is almost the same with the same shims. Right now I'm using a 60/55 shim on a parallel
    stock. This give me a very small amount of slope, and positions the butt right
    for me.

The number on the shim is not relevant. It's only the difference between
    the numbers that alters the height. So a 40/45 shim would be the same as a
    55/60 shim.

8. Dickgshot

0   0   0

I don't believe there's another shim that doesn't have cast. Any shim that has
    "SX" on one side and "DX" on the other, has cast. Changing shims is not a good way to try a higher comb, since it changes the slope and position of the pad a lot more than it raises the comb. If you want to try a higher comb, stick on layers of moleskin or get an adjustable comb made.

9. autogun

autogun Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

A T 40/45 is identical to a C 55/60. If you want to go lower than a T 45, get a C 50/65 and try the 65. Brownells had shims and you can get small package shipping. Don't forget the washer. Hope it works for you.

10. Joe O

Joe O Member

0   0   0

You can drill a hole in the washer wherever you need it and I just put 2 shims in or I made my own to fill the space. They didn't have what I wanted to get as much drop as I wanted. This is not rocket science. Those washers are hardened steel though. I drill press or a dremel with a carbide bit will work.
    Joe O

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Rocket science can result in a bent tube. be careful out there....

12. djbrackney

djbrackney Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Autogun is correct - the C55/60 is the same as the T40/45. Also for everyone's reference: The C50/65 would be equivalent to a T35/50.

Thanks for all responses.

David

13. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I think Tron might have what you're looking for! I got some from him awhile back.

14. Dickgshot

0   0   0

The only thing that matters is the difference between the high number and the low number. The difference. So if you have a shim that is 55-60 and you want less drop, get a shim that is 50-65, or 35-50, it doesn't matter which, and put the low number end on top.

15. autogun

autogun Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

My understanding is that the number represents the drop at heel in millimeters. Edited to correct. A T-40 provides the highest stock of the T shims; A C-50 is highest of the C's. A C-50 provides a higher stock than a T-40.
    Whats that guy say; frequently wrong but never in doubt.

16. autogun

autogun Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

T-40 will give you the highest comb, DX indicates cast off which is correct for a right-hander.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta urika shims

bretta 391al urika trap stock drop shims