1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SHIMING A STOCK

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BB2506, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BB2506

BB2506 TS Member

has anyone ever tried to shim a stock on a citori to get a little cast off
    rather than having it bent ? cracked or broken? ive seen it done on some auto's

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

By placing a shim between the receiver and the stock, the angle of the comb will no longer be parallel with the barrel. An inconsistent gun mount will give very different sight pictures with this arrangement. Also, the area of the comb in front of your head would tent to be push back into your face and the gun would tend to move into your face because of the angle of the comb to the barrel.

A good shim made from auto body filler or epoxy should protect the stock from cracking, but it will still crack your head.

I would suggest an adjustable stock.

Pat Ireland

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I see a cracked stock and a thread in your future....yes, yes.....it reads "Wanted to buy, new stock".

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=Fortune_teller-769363.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

4. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

i have tried in the past to do this on a bt99 without good results. usually shims work on pumps, semi autos, or on the remington 90T.
    steve balistreri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.