1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shim chngs between 16yds& caps??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hmb, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

A lot of shooters set it for handicap yardage and use the same setting for 16 yards. HMB

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

hmb has it right. Set it for handicap and shoot it for 16s.

Ed Yanchok

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I raise my comb 1/8" for handicap (27 yards). My 16-yard Achilles heel is targets that flatten or just don't go up as much as the rest - I shoot over them so easily that if I tried using my handicap comb setting for singles, I would really put up some sorry 16-yard scores!

But when I had a custom-fitted stock made for my last gun, I had Wenig's make the comb 1/16" higher than the 16-yard setting on my factory stock and tried using that height for both. My eye problem set in soon thereafter and I stopped shooting competitively, so I wasn't shooting handicap and never got to try that stock much from 27 yards. I have since sold that gun but my plan was that if I needed to have the stock made adjustable to get more height, the extra 1/16" would make up for the material lost during the saw cut and I'd be right back to my old singles setting.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.