1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shifty Powers now gone...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by powderburn, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hi All,
    I just wnated to pass on sad news I received Friday that "Shifty" Powers, one the the Band of Brothers, passed away last week. If any of you out there own Band of Brothers on DVD, and have watched it as many times as I have, you feel like you knew all those guys. He was an expert with his M1 and was called on to snuff out snipers when called upon. He was one of my favorite characters on the series especially when he got to go home and said his last goodbye to Major Winters, and didn't know how to describe what he had seen and done in Europe. Very touching scene in the movie. Do yourself a favor and watch this series again and again and remember those guys and gals that gave it all, whether they fell overseas and didn't get to come home, or lived through the war and then had to carry around all the guilt and shame and terrible scenes that forever burned a groove in their memory that they will never forget. God Bless our veterans. I'll post another thread that includes a very nice strory about the fella who passed this onto me, about his brush with Shifty. A nice read. Thanks to all our vets-whether peacetime or during war.

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Sad to hear, RIP Shifty!

Best DVD I own "Band of Brothers"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.