1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

She's back

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dead on 4, Jul 8, 2013.

1. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

She

After a five month hiatus, ever cheerful always humble Kim Rhode, five time Olympic Medalist was back on the skeet field at Redlands Shooting Park this weekend readying herself for upcoming skeet nationals. Kim was kept off the skeet field due to a diffcult pregnancy, delivery and other issues. All is well now, Kim's a proud Mom of a bouncing baby boy who looks more like a linebacker than the next generation clay target shooter, which I'm certain he will be and his dad agree's

Kim's turned a number of pages in her life while away from the skeet field. In concert with being a new mom, she's changed guns and is now shooting Beretta's new DT 11.

In spite of recovering from gallbladder surgery less than two weeks ago and shooting a new gun fitted with 30" barrels until shorter factory tuned barrels arrive along with Wenig's stock mock up, Kim still pounds targets as she always has. Albeit tiring from being away from the game for almost a half a year causing her to be somewhat out of shape,coupled with four super glued incisions from surgery causing her discomfort when turning into the target, Kim showed she's tough as ever smoking target after target.

We're all happy to see Kim up and running chasing another win with a smile on her face

Surfer

2. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

Bad move on Perazzi's part here. WHATEVER Beretta ponied up, Perazzi should have matched.

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

She is a terrific gal. Anyone ever fortunate enough to get to shoot with her knows how true that statement is.

4. dead on 4

Don't know, I don't do face Book, but I expect she does.

This weekend was the beginning of working back into her program shooting daily which is devided between Oak tree, Redlands and I think Prado. She moves around to experience differnt backgrounds and lighting. I would say it will take a few weeks until she's up to 500 plus rounds daily. Her concentration is something, she can be joking with you and turn towards the trap and be totally locked in when she see'd the house.

Surfer

5. dead on 4

Don't know, I don't do face Book, but I expect she does.

This weekend was the beginning of working back into her program shooting daily which is devided between Oak tree, Redlands and I think Prado. She moves around to experience differnt backgrounds and lighting. I would say it will take a few weeks until she's up to 500 plus rounds daily. Her concentration is something, she can be joking with you and turn towards the trap and be totally locked in when she see'd the house.

Surfer

6. RayReys

RayReys Member

Saw her come into the clubhouse as I got up get to get ready for the handicap event (Tri County) - glad to see she's back...didn't know she had surgery too!

And yes, she does have a facebook account :)

7. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Trying to out-sponsor Beretta is not going to work for Perazzi. They're just too small. Beretta is a totally different class of company. It is a huge conglomerate with multinational military contracts and significant resources. That makes Perazzi shotguns all the more amazing given the size of their competitors and the success they already have.

Beretta already dominates the shotgun market with a huge array of products. It's surprising that they don't just fully sponsor the top three shooters in every international discipline. At last count that would be about 15-20 shooters worldwide...that's about $120K in guns, less that what they spend on one trip to the SHOT show.

8. Libra1310

Libra1310 TS Member

I'm pretty sure she could decimate the clays if she was missing an arm and a leg.

Chris

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

that is a surprise at her international level...

but, she joins Leo Harrison III with the DT's

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

Uh...doesn't Beretta own Perazzi now, or something like that?

11. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Switching sponsors...and equipment...may support, if not prove, the adage: "It ain't the arrow, it's the Indian". But wannabes like us...me included...will look for endorsed equipment so we can at least have and use the same stuff our heroes do. Best Regards, Ed

12. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Kim will be doing a "meet and greet" at the Grand in Aug.--Whatever gun she decides to shoot, I am sure she will be smashing a LOT of clays with it!!

13. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Yes Kim Rhode has a Facebook page. Go seek and you shall find.

Eric

14. dead on 4

Slie Action her move to Beretta is locked in and that's the brand she will be shooting now and into the future.

Big M I don't know why it's a surprise she moved, Beretta is well regarded at the international level which is a global stage not a smaller national one. Many top international shooters are with Beretta.As an example, Vincent Hancock a USA medalist has been with Beretta since he began competing.

Kim made a choice that made sense to her, only she knows why. Life's about change.

Surfer

15. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Kim is some one for all of us to look up to, regardless of the brand of shotgun she shoots.

Best of everything is my wish to Kim; she sets the standard for what one person can accomplish.

Dave

16. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Surfer, it may have to do with the recent passing of D.Perazzi.

Perazzi was clearly far and away the international champions choice during his life...

17. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Zardozforty, if you have not seen her shoot, google "women's skeet finals" or similar wording and you will get the videos of the Women's Final Shootoff at the last Olympic Games.

18. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

My wife and I were shooting sporting clays at Oak Tree and Kim was there. She asked my wife how she did and gave her some pointers. She signed the visor Mrs. hornet always wears when she shoots. Kim is a humble, classy woman, and a wonderful ambassador for the clay target sports.

19. 7mag

7mag Well-Known Member

Glad to see she is back and her & her son are healthy and doing fine. If you have your health all else is a bonus. Good luck Kim.

20. travisalfrey

travisalfrey Member

I would love to know what her 500 target practice routine is? just rounds or station work...etc. I shoot a lot but 500 per day is a ton