1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

She's Back

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

She

It's great news for the trap shooting community. After a few years hiatus Nora Ross, one of the greatest shooters in the history of the sport has picked up her shotgun. She told us at her clinic at Waynesboro this spring, that the Buckeye Classic was to be her coming out party. So far today, she's won: Ladies Doubles, Ladies Handicap, Ladies Singles...with the singles a 100 straight tie with some guy named Randolph Ross....grin. I wish I could be there to see the shoot-off, but of course it will be carried over. Good shooting Nora....welcome back.

break 'em all....mike

2. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Thats really great news. Wish she would come to the Pacific Northwest and put on a few clinics.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I would love to see her shoot. I have seen quite a few of the All Americans shoot at the Grand and they are all impressive in their own rights. It has been a privledge having the Grand so close to home and getting to see the best every year. However, i have always wanted to watch Nora. I have seen some vids of her on YouTube and its impressive to watch on there. In person would be even better. Of course her records speak for themselves.

Check the link to the vid above. Maybe one of you more computer savy users will actually post the vid.

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Good thing she wasn't too rusty,,,LOL

I don't think I know a more genuine person....

5. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

I had a lesson from Nora back a few years. It was excellent. I wish her the best and hope she wins it all. She would amaze you.

I love a come back story.

Mike Sudz

6. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Years ago, Nora was in town to see Don Mainland at Kolar Arms to have some work done to her gun. Don then brought Nora out to the Waukesha gun club to shoot and introduce her to some of the members. It didn't take long to realize that she was someone special. As great of a shooter that she is, she is even a better person.
    Steve Balistreri

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Here you go Matt just because you asked.

Bob Lawless

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q2mW6wE_R78" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. grntitan

Thanks Bob. I think the vid was worth it. All should watch how humble and skilled she is.

Matt

9. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

What kind of comb pad is that on her gun? Dale

10. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Congratulations to her great shooting thus far. I spent 2 days with her a few weeks ago and I can't wait till the Ohio State where I can 1) apply what she taught me & 2) Meet and see her shoot. She's a wonderful Lady!

blade819

11. blade819

Nora - Buckeye Classic HOA and HAA Lady's Winner.

12. grntitan

Thats impressive!!!

13. shrek

shrek Active Member

that is a very nice video clip about a nice lady.

14. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

I shot lead off for Nora all week.She is a very close friend.If a young or older shooter wants to learn what consistency is all about just watch Nora's set up.It never changes!

The great thing about Nora is not only her shooting ability but her humble attitude.You will never know how Nora shot by looking at her.(Good or bad)

Any kid would do well to follow Nora's example.

Terry Dean
    PS, She wore me out all week :(

15. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

It is nice to hear that she is shooting again. I'll second the (wish she would come to the Pacific NW and put on a clinc) I would not care how much the price I would attend.
    Jim B.

16. blade819

Terry.......... hopefully she'll keep it up for the OH State. I'm looking forawrd to seeing her and even after taking only a 2 day clinic, I feel that I made a friend.

blade819
    John G. - North GA

17. clayman51

clayman51 Member

Nora shot on the next bank over from us on Saturday. I stopped to say hello and to tell her thanks for all she does for the Kids of Kentucky. She is all Terry mentioned and more!!

Good to see her back shooting again

Dennis Menning

18. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

We were wondering how she was doing. Good to see that she is on the line again. Shoot 'em up, Nora!

19. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

Fine person and an excellent teacher! The only clinic I've taken was from Nora in 2004. I've still got the Nora Star Martin hat she gave me after the clinic at Butter's in 2004. Matter of fact, I just wore it today in honor of her return to registered strapshooting.

The only folks that are probably unhappy are the Kentucky Women shooters. Just kidding but Lady Winner trophies are hard to come by when Nora is shooting!

By the way, if she wore Pipe Layer out all week then she ain't too rusty!

Welcome Back,

Eddie Quire

20. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I consider Nora a dear friend and I am glad she is Shooting again. If you get a chance to have a clinic with Nora or Randy, take it. Nora can pick up little flaws in a heartbeat.

She even took my barrels to Buckeye Classic and taught them to break targets.

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.