1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sheriff Encourages Public to Defend Themselves

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by dmurphy, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmurphy

dmurphy Member

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke just released a public service announcement encouraging the public to defend themselves if necessary, as his department is most likely unable to.

Use the link above or below to hear the clip and read more.

http://aaa27aaa.blogspot.com/2013/01/sheriff-clarke-encourages-public-to.html

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I love it

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Most of this is political. He has been fighting with the County Executive, since he (CE, )was elected. He is however a great Sheriff, and is a self proclaimed Republican. Whether what is interpreted in the article, is what the Sheriff is saying, or not, the article is spot on. It is a political dig to the County Executive, but also reiterates the importance of not just getting a CCW permit, but also training with the firearm for different situations, and a certified safety course. Otherwise you are just another person with a gun out there spraying, and praying, back at the person that initiated the same, IMO.

4. dmurphy

dmurphy Member

He's definitely saying that his budget has been cut and as a result he is less likely to be able to protect the people in his county. I'm sure the politics of the situation had something to do with him releasing the public service announcement, but I truly believe that Sheriff Clarke would prefer the citizens to take all of the necessary steps to protect themselves because it makes his job easier with a tighter budget. He is well known for detesting politics.

Dan

5. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Well good for him. At least there is someone out there standing up for law abiding citizens, instead of putting them down.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Residents in Josephine County, Oregon, have formed armed citizen patrols after the sheriffs office was slashed to just the sheriff and a couple of deputies. Unless it's a murder, armed robbery or serious assault, you're likely not to get any police response.

Modern people, especially those in urbanized areas, simply do not understand that the police rarely PREVENT crime, but ENFORCE THE LAW AFTER THE CRIME. The problem is one of timing. The police cannot be everywhere instantly. The little quip about "when second count the police are only minutes away" is absolutely true. People think they are safe in their homes, unarmed, because armed men will come to their rescue the moment they dial 911. Many wind up killed or maimed because it does not work that way. Sure, the police will be there to investigate their murder, after the fact, and seek justice. That may satisfy society, but it does little for the victim and the family.

If people want to foist their defense needs onto proxies, that's THEIR choice, and they can suffer the consequences. MY choice is to provide for my own self-defense, at least up to the point where the police show up, assuming they do.

It's interesting that celebrities and the rich hire their protection instead of depending on the police. They know all too well about the delay time. The average person cannot afford to hire private security, so it's up to the individual to provide for their own self-defense.

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I had one Deputy Sheriff come right out and say "its not their job to protect anyone, their job is to enforce the laws."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sheriffs asking the public to defend themselves