1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shelves are all full with shotshells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jmunsell, Sep 3, 2013.

1. jmunsell

jmunsell Banned User Banned

Noticed this weekend all the shelves are full now and prices aren't bad. $5:98 for a case and I didn't see any limit sign. This was at Dick's. Hoarders, the buyer's buying up all the stuff and reselling at a high price, better unload quick or get stuck with it.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

WalMart is restocking, won't be long and you will be able to get all you want ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. jmunsell

Once there on the shelves at $50 a case I will just buy them again since the cost to reload is at that price anyway. No since to buy components and waste your gas and time running them down then reloading. I'm sure now that the season is almost over that it will happen. Limits will end and prices will drop.

4. tomt66

tomt66 TS Member

Dick's had a ten case limit in our local ad. Northern Delaware.

5. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

I can get Gun Clubs for $5.48 at Dicks in the DFW area....Smokit

6. jmunsell

$5:50 is a good price for gun clubs. Going for $6:49 here in PDX. Like I said it's all coming down. Wait till Oct and see what happens.

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Dicks has nothing useful at any price Michigan stores....

8. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I guess it takes longer for the shells to make it out here to California. Wal-Mart is the only game in town and they had (4) packs of Winchesters for $25. They sold out of those and re-stocked with Federal (4) packs for $26.97. There is a 3 box limit.

9. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

$49.90 for 1 oz Rios and Estates at Academy.........

10. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

Academy??????

11. white rattler

white rattler Member

I see that there is still no 22 shells for sale on Cabela's web site. Trevor Dawe

12. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the so called gas shortage of 1973. It was a farce than and now.
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa Wisconsin

13. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Bucko43,

I don't know where you are in CA but I found cases of Gun Clubs and A-A's at Dickies, and at the local Big 5. $5.99 per box. I was looking at more ammo on the store shelves than I have seen in a year.

14. BERLINJIM

BERLINJIM TS Member

if anyone has an ad for Dicks Sporting Goods for the prices mentioned above could you please scan and attach to this thread those prices are untouchable on the East Coast but dicks will price match if I can show them add.

Thanks,
    Jim.

15. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

kgp912kgp,

I'm in San Diego area and the Dick's down here doesn't sell ammo. The big 5 is right across ther street from them and they usually mark their ammo up way above going pricing because they know it's between them and Wally world for us to buy shells. I will go check the prices at Big 5, but I'm not holding my breath...

16. jmunsell

The sure way to raise prices is to create a shortage of the item you want to raise the prices on ya think?

17. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

I stopped by my local WalMart this morning to check things out. Was surprised to find the ammo case full. Two different brands of 22LR value packs, $13 and change. 9mm, 45, 380, 38...it's all there. Also had at least four American Eagle 5.56 1000rnd cases for $447...........and not a trap load in the place. Fall high school league is about to start.

Cliff
    Princeton, MN

18. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

They had to keep the dove hunters happy.

HAP

19. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Here in the Milwaukee area the area Walmart has Federals and Winchesters stocked to the brim. Prices went up, as Federals are now $26.97 a 4 pack, and Winchesters are $25.00 a 4 pack.

This particular Walmart has not had 4 packs in the past 8 months. Every time I asked the manager he said the government was buying up all the shells. I don't know who to believe any more?
    Steve

20. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

They had nowhere left to stockpile product so it made more sense to ease the fake shortage than rent new warehouses..I've called BS since this crap started..just a way to gouge us and getting us used to being bent over because the new price levels are never going back..just like gas