1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shells sticking in new BPS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yakimaman, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Bought a brand new Browning BPS for my son to shoot - took it to the range for the first time today and the Rio ammo I had was extremely hard to extract. I had a few rounds of Estate and they worked fine. Anyone had similar problems with a brand new gun, any ideas as to why?

rm

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

It's not the gun. The Rio ammo base is not sized enough, reason they are sticking. Walmart cheap shells give me the same problem in my 870 TB. I purchased a 12 gauge Mec resizer and that solved the problem. If you purchase top of the line ammo, most likely you will not have a problem.
    Steve Balistreri

3. ky4some

ky4some Member

I have an older BPS and had the same result with a couple boxes of Rio shells. Estates, Gun Clubs, Federals all perform fine. I'd agree that your gun is fine.

Mike Kamer

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have a mint Winchester Model 50 that does not like steel base cheap shells but there is no way that I would mess with this gun because it handles my reloads with brass base hulls just fine.

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

My brother has had the same issue with both the Walmart Feds and Winchesters as well as the Rios,..just occurs a lot less frequently with the Rios...hes going to get a few boxes of Estates to try as hes not a reloader and I just dont roll my own any more as I don't shoot enough to make it worth the effort

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Buy a Mec Super Sizer at Cabelas for $89 and that will solve your problem. I did and am glad I did

7. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Cubancigar2000:

Are you resizing live shells or fired hulls?

Ed Ward

8. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

European made shotgun shells are a very slight differance in size to American made ammo. You will get the sticking of the hull in the chamber because they will swell a little more. I even saw some that dropped past the lip of the chamber to lodge in the chamber so that the extractor would pull the brass loose and tear the rim of the shell. This was on a Winchester Mdl 1200.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning bps 12 gauge shells sticking

browning bps shells sticking during trap