1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shells sticking in Ljutic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by butcher, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

Stainless Ljutic not ejecting Federal Top Gun shells.The gun has the hooded chamber.Is there a simple cure? Thought about trading for it but I don't want to have to use a weight to get the empties out for half the shots.

2. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Call Ljutic. Explain your problem. They will be able to fix the problem

3. rrose

rrose TS Member

This has been talked about a lot on here, check past threads. What is your gun worth if you were to sell it, what would you be interested in trading on.
    randy

4. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Don't sahoot the cheaper steel based shells or have it honed out a little. Best to just stay away from the steel bases. Glenn

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

If you shoot cheap shells, get used to it! Ljutic's are notorious for this. I had a 90T HPAR that had the same problem though.

All Good,

ec90t

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

The ultimate cure is to have the chamber sleeved. Using STS hulls will only work until Remington starts short cutting their premium hulls. :^(((

7. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

My Ljutic always kicks out Estates and Top Guns but cheap Winchesters stick and sometimes New Gun Clubs (reloaded Gun Clubs don't). AA's and STS's work fine. I use Estates and never have an issue. I agree with the person that said to never hone out the chamber because they will stick worse.

8. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

you could also put in a slightly heavier springd in the ejector. I shot the cheapie shells with my ljutic and never had the problem. Call nadine motordoc

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

L's are tight.

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

A new Ljutic I looked at had a tremendously oversized chamber. The fired hulls had to be knocked out, and would not go in the carrier of a Mec 9000. There is no excuse for letting a gun that far out of spec get off the line.

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

Shooting Coach is correct. The chamber is a little to big, and that is what causes the problem. I know this sounds counter intuitive, but it is true. When fired in a large chamber, a brass head will expand and then contract back to nearly its original size. A steel head will expand but not spring back to a smaller size.

Chambers cut with a new reamer are the largest. As the reamer wears, the chambers get smaller. Finally, the reamer is too small and is tossed out.

charger- If you hone the chamber, the problem will get worse. My K-80 has a slightly over sized chamber. It will not shoot most discount shells without the hulls sticking in the chamber. It will shoot Estates and Federal Top Gun and all of the premium shells. I have solved this problem by only shooting shells my gun will eject.

Pat Ireland

12. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Interesting, I have a Kolar that will fire anything you feed it. My Seitz on the other hand is extreemly selective! It will not eject Kemans and has recently started to dislike my reloads. Have seen other Seitz guns with the same afflictions,Suggestions? Jake

13. DanBee

DanBee TS Member

Hoppe's Dri-Lube solved the problem for me. Just spray chamber every 100 shots. Remington markets a similar product that does NOT work in this application.

http://www.gundogsonline.com/shooting-supplies/gun-cleaning-supplies/hoppes-dri-lube.html

14. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

I have owned 8 Lguns (among just about every gun) in my life. Some had the problem others did not.....no matter if the shell used brass or steel. For those that did, I found if I used 0000 steal wool and lightly "polished" just the area where the "brass" seated AND _did not_ put any type of lubricant in that area, the problem ceased to exist. As a matter of maintenance, I repeated the "polishing" every 1000+ rounds.

I also believe that everytime you shoot a shell a little "build up" of the brass or steel is left in that area (why not.....there is friction there). My "maintenance polishing" is nothing more than removing the build up.

JMHO

Jim C

15. Danny B

Danny B TS Member

Bluzman................I shot a Ljutic for many years and did the same maintenance program. 0000 wool on a shaft and the DEWALT 18 and it was good for 4 to 5 box's of shells. Do know of a ljutic owner who did have his barrel sleeved and it ended the problem........RUN'EM.........

16. elinvar

elinvar Member

I have had the same problems with Rio's and Fiocchi- Cure is to stop shooting the cheap throw away hulls and stick with STS or AA. I have not had any problems with Estates or Gun clubs so far. If I try to shoot Rio's I had better bring the stick to the line with me.
    T. Jones

17. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

My alferman will only eject premium,(brass) hulls. not a defect- my ljutics were the same as are most seitzes. just shoot premium shells and sts or aa reloads-rick

18. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Check the chamber also about a 1/4"-3/8" in from the rim cut. You're checking for a small depression running around the chamber. I'm seeing more of these since the steel base ammo problem.

Doug

19. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Bought a new Ljutic in October of 08, and so far it ejects everything I've thrown into it.............including the steel rimmed shells.

Hauxfan!

20. steele

steele TS Member

I fought the same problem with the better 1/2s monogun. Before every 100 rounds, I use a brass chamber brush. I spin it around a couple of times & the wipe a little lube in the chamber. That ended the sticking problem.

Butch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ljutic not ejecting shells