1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shells going up?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Savage99Stan, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

A buddy and I were at the local Gander Mountain dickering over a trap gun. After closing the deal, the salesman asked if we needed any shells. We both had plenty and said "no." He said that we might want to reconsider as they got their new price lists and they are going up again!
    What a kick in the pants. Our investments are worth half what they were a mere six months ago, if that, lead and other metals are falling in price, and we've got a pres. elect who is going to give away our hard earned dollars to those who don't earn anything, and now ammo is going up? Anyone else heard anything along this line?

Stan Geisz

2. capnrico

capnrico TS Member

Gander Mountain is alway high anyways, why even go there?

3. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Sounds like a good salesman doing his job,,,,,,,,,,,,

4. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Once in a blue moon I get a deal. I agree on that on most things they are high but it is kind of fun to take someone else's flyer in and get them to meet or beat the price. I hope the guy was just trying to make some more sales.

5. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

Gun Clubs at Dick's.........$50.00/flat after rebate........

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Gander Mountain here is nuts. They price rifle bullets (250) That I buy for 39 bucks at 58 dollars for the same pack.

That's 50 per cent more. They can eat their shells. They claim they will price match, and probably do but why go through the hassle.

For the most part, they are just another clothing store that puts out bait.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.