1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shells for the Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by oskerspap12, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Howdy Y'all, Hope everybodies is staying warm......LOL
    I was just wondering how many shells will I need if I were to shoot all the events a the Grand this year? I know that the schedule hasn't been released yet,but if anyone shot it last year could could you give me a ballpark figure?
    Thanks for all the help.
    D.P.Reynolds Monrovia Md.

2. oskerspap12

Man alive.....thats a s**t load of shells.....I guess I'd better get to loadin pretty soon! By the way,my son going to shoot em up too!(2 x 2500) Sounds like I gotta get some more lead.
    Thanks Zar Stay warm,and good shootin!
    D.P.Reynolds

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

W/ your MEC 600 jr, that should keep you busy until you head for the Grand!

4. wopahoe

wopahoe Member

If you get tired of loading, the Wal-mart at Sparta always has lots of shells at great prices. Last year the big 3 were $70.00 a flat. Just a thought. Have a great time at the Grand. RON

5. oskerspap12

I've got a Spolar on order,should be here any day now.
    If I was going to use the MEC I probably wouldn't get finished until about the time that the Grand starts.I think that my shoulders would be spent about the same time,plus I wouldn't be able to get any practice in!!! Seeing as I do like to shoot a bunch,I think I've made a good investment in the new reloader.
    D.P.Reynolds

6. stingray44130

stingray44130 Member

With your spolar your be done in a week Denny

7. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

But load a few and try them before you load the whole 5000. There can be surprises or you can just decide that you want something else.

Neil

8. oskerspap12

Howdy all,
    I would buy the hydraulic unit,but I'm running a little low on funds. Its dog gone hard to keep two people shooting when only one is doing the payin'.LOL
    By the way my boy(Osker) shot a 48 in winter league yesterday.He beats the tar out of me consistently. That CG he shoots has done him well.You can see where my money goes!!!!!!!!!!LOL
    Have great day,and thanks for y'alls help.
    D.P.Reynolds

9. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Dave,

You and Osker doing the entire preliminary and Grand weeks? Last year I shot grand week only (Mon-Sat) and even though I entered every event (less the COC) I shot fewer targets than during the PA State, i.e. 400 singles, 400 Hcp, 200 Dub. Preliminary week is in the 1100 - 1200 target range.

Last year the "big three" ammo manufacturers had rebates resulting in prices at appx. $53.00 a flat.. not too shabby! Hopefully there'll be a repeat this year.

Thanks for the wads this weekend!

BTW I'm going to CAC this Friday, let me know if you need reloading components.

Guy B.

10. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Well guy, you are always welcome to wads. And no we arent going to shoot, the whole grand. We are just shooting grand week. So it should be approximately 2000 shells. It should be a great time, i cant wait. Heck i cant wait for the ATA season to begin around here. Should be a good year now that i finally got my prescription lenses. PM my dad to see if we need any supplys. Not sure, but i think we might want a little more lead.

Sincerely, Osker Reynolds

11. oskerspap12

Hey Guy,
    I'll take you up on that offer.
    10 bags of 8's,if you don't mind?
    I'll pay you at CCGC on Sunday.
    Call me if you have any questions: 301-865-0162
    Thanks D.P.Reynolds

12. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

Don't forget your nite vision equipment, if your gonna shoot it all.

13. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

That's not going to happen this year, Federal Paper. We promise. No squad will be asked to start after seven PM no matter what, no exceptions. Sincerely regretful about last year; that was a terrible mistake.

Neil

14. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

That is a truly great response Neal. I'll shut up now ,good luck next year.
    Sorry for getting off topic,go to grand have a great time.

15. PODO

PODO TS Member

Federal paper - I have been loading papers for the past 20 years - love them - what recipe do you use for your reloads - Thanks TOM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.