1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shells by the pallet

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rmy, Jun 10, 2013.

1. rmy

rmy Member

Is it possible to still by shells by the pallet? Where and who to contact? Thanks, rmy

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I would probably call my Dentist and then my Doctor if the Dentist don't have a clue ... I'm sure that what the folks at Remington, Federal, Winchester, Rio, Kent, Estate and all of their distributors do ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Think Google ...

3. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

WPT nothing wrong with the guy asking. I don't see any good reason to jump in his chit like that. Of course he could google it but maybe someone on here has some recent experience? Bill

4. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Our club bought a pallet from Kemen last year. I have know idea if they are still available.

'
    Darr

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

You can ask any of the regional distributors. Ask your local clubs who they buy from.

Usually requires they be shipped to a business or a club, but have seen them delivered to your garage. Guess it depends on who's doing the shipping.

Able Ammo was (don't know if they still do) will ship to your home.

6. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

Frank O can get you shells by the pallet. He might even have a pallet or two on-hand depending what you want.

Don T. Littleton CO

7. Slewcity

Slewcity Member

suset distributors IA
    great outfit, siign up for a distrubutor from him. Great service and price a pallet is the min and is 120 cases

8. 548

548 Guest

Slewcity just mentioned Sunset Distributors. It is worth mentioning that the owner of the business, Mr. Dean Bright, will be inducted into the ATA Hall of Fame at the 2013 Grand American. Congratulations to Mr. Bright.

9. steele

steele TS Member

RMY, Where are you located? Butch from Pgh

10. pdq

pdq Member

Does buying in bulk make any difference in price?

I typically order 25 - 30 flats at a time and get no volume discount.

Would it make a difference if I bought in larger quantities?

Pete

11. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Yes you can buy shells by the pallet other than right now they seem to be difficult to find in any quantity.

Typically this is how I get my target ammo, a few guys I shoot with will go in on a group buy. The cost advantages are substancial and depending on the distributor you may be able to get free freight and if from out of state no sales tax. But you need to be willing to spend some serious change to make it happen.

12. RHAT

RHAT Member

Call,......J & S WHOLESALE,....... I have purchased 10-12 palletts over the last few years,.... ask for JW,.......

JSWholesaleInc_Jeff thanked this.
  13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I bought the last pallet of shells from my dentist ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. Mojo240

Mojo240 TS Member

WPT. There are no bad questions , only Stupid Answers!

15. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

Check the Kemen web site; they sell direct but you need several pallets to get a good price. Also, you need a loading dock to avoid a delivery upcharge.

Doc

16. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

rmy,

Yes, buying shells in 100 flat loads is to your advantage....somewhat. Ammo manufacturers typically don't think of a single pallet as a lot of shells. They are interested in truckload orders from distributors. Many distributors will cheerfully sell you a pallet load (100 flats). I have many Kemen customers who do just that. Discounts from 2-4 dollars a flat when you hit the 100 flat mark, depending on the type of shells. Another 2-4 bucks off if you get to 300 flats. The next discount level is at a container load or 1800 flats.

One of the misconceptions about ammo is the markup. Most distributors make 10% on ammo (sometimes a bit less...) The freight is what kills most deals as the stuff is HEAVY!!

You normally must have a commercial address to ship to with a dock and /or a fork lift truck to unload the ammo. Truck drivers will not help you unload by hand! They are paid to push it to he end of the truck bed and you handle it from there. They don't have all day for you to unload by hand.

Prepayment is the norm unless you have exceptional credit with a supplier. Most will take a credit card but will charge you their discount fee of 3% or so. Cash or Check or bank wire is best.

Ammo is tight right now. Most distributors have some but not lots. Kemen is 6-8 weeks out right now.

Call me if you have questions or would like a price. Thanks for asking a good question!

Bob Schultz 828-693-3833 Target Shotguns Inc.

17. revbook

revbook Member

Now that is an answer!

Don in PA

18. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Slewcity, do you know the old horse, SlewCity Slew? Great racehorse!!

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Mojo240,
    In this case a STUPID response (YOURS) when I was not even talking to you ... By the way there are a lot of Doctors and Dentist that shoot trap, skeet, and sporting clays, you figure they don't buy shotgun shells ..? My Dentist gets some great deals and passes it on to his clients ... My Dentist in Mexico don't shoot trap but if she did I'm sure she would hunt for deals also ... Now, go back under your rock until we need a stupid response from someone on another subject ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

I don't have a denist,,but my Dr. (MD) is loading me some 40 cal. It turns out he is also a competition pistol shooter/repairman.

Norman

Search tags for this page
buying shotgun shells by the pallet

pallet of shotgun shells

pallet of shotgun shells for sale

pallets of shotgun shells

shotgun ammo by the pallet

shotgun ammo pallet

shotgun shells by the pallet

where can i buy a pallet of trap shooting shotgun shells