1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shells at Walmart

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Aug 21, 2013.

1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

How far are you from Sparta? I wonder if Grand leftovers got redistributed.

2. Kim Z.

Kim Z. Member

Finally after several months, my local Walmart in South Orange County, California, has had the shelves stocked with about fifty 4-packs of 12 ga. Then they are sold out in about two days.

3. redfin1956

redfin1956 Active Member

i went to a walmart in rhode island last week,they had nothing. joseph

4. windyflat

windyflat Member

Our local walmarts have been stocked for weeks..
    Manager said plenty more where those came from

5. 510picker

510picker TS Member

I bet with the fall hunting season approaching, the shelves will be better stocked.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The local WalMart near me has had shells for a few weeks, no limit on purchase ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Shells just started showing up here. Federal 4 packs at 26 something and Winchester 4 packs at 25.00. Dove season opens Sept.1.

Steve

8. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Our Walmarts in Fort Wayne have had Winchesters and Federals all summer. Just got 2-100 round Winchester white boxes of .45acp, they had 10 boxes. They were $40.77 per box, up $3.00 from a year ago. Not to bad of an increase compared to all the price gouging going on from the local gun shops.

Wayne

9. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

our wally keeps them in the back... they have had too much theft to keep anything on the shelf

10. John55

John55 Active Member

There were no "grand leftovers" at Sparta Walmart. As of Sunday they had sold every flat of AA trap loads in stock along with the Fed and Rem they had. A friend was there hoping to pick up a few more flats of AAs and all they had were a few flats of AAs with #9 shot.

11. jmunsell

jmunsell Banned User Banned

Store all loaded here also. Things are looking better so the hoarders that are reselling for a profit will get stuck with it soon. I see a lot of people on trapshooters right now trying to unload what they have so they don't get stuck.

12. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Noticed the Walmart in Fl is almost $27.00/ 4 pack---That almost equals $70.00 for bargain basement shells.

Phil Berkowitz

13. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Wally world in WA is $26 for a four pack, up $4 from pre-hoarding days.

14. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

John55,

Unless your friend got it from the Sparta Walmart that they sold all of the ammo, it could indeed be left over, that was shipped out Sunday after the Grand.

Jason

15. John55

John55 Active Member

He was at the Sparta Walmart and found nothing on Sunday. The store manager told him they could have sold another two truck loads if they had them.

16. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

waverider,

The ammo showing up in the other Walmarts, is not leftovers from the Grand stock at Sparta Walmart. Just about every post here is about 4 packs they have found at their Walmarts. You don't seriously think the ammo they had for the Grand was a bunch of 4 packs? Had there been any left over, it would have likely just stayed at and sold at Sparta Walmart. Remember, The WSRC and area clubs have more shoots this year and there are other clay target shoots other than just trap.

For what it's worth, Sparta also has a large selection of the 4 packs.

17. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

Saturday morning at the Sparta Wal-Mart the only thing they had in AA's was 26 gram low recoil low velocity shells and a few one ounce 9's. They did have quite a few Winchester super targets at that time. Almost no Remington or Federal shells left. A few of the AA trackers.

18. Claybird2

Claybird2 Krieghoff K80 TS Supporters

Same here in lower NY.........Walmart shelves all of sudden nicely stocked with Federal Game/Clays 4 packs. However.........my usual ammo supplier, Davis Sports in Sloatsburg........went from having SKIDS of $65.00 flats of Federal Ultras at the door.......to ZIPPO !!! They said they would not be available again for months. In the meantime, they must have broken open the last few flats they had, and sold each box at $9.00 EACH !! That's up from $6.50 when they had flats in stock !! MORE THAN AA's !! Are they kidding me ?????????

19. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

A distributor bought all the Sparta Wally World shells.

20. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

25.00 for Winchester...27.50 for Remington or Federal bricks, can only by 3 bricks in a 24 hr period i. SAN DIEGO/SANTEE California....