1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shells at Walmart in Sparta

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Go_bucks, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Go_bucks

Go_bucks Member

Hello,

Was just checking to see if out trapshooting friends in the Sparta area have stopped at the local Walmart to check inventory and pricing. Last year I think someone posted some pics of what was in stock.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Surveyin'

Surveyin' Member

I was there today. Lots and lots of flats of AA @ $74 per ($54 after rebate). I didn't take pics because I was busy loading my cart! :)

3. riggs

riggs Member

you can get all the shell you want at the GRAND prices are about the same
    plus you might get some deals .is wal-mart kicking in any money??

Riggs

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

You can get any thing you want ... at the Sparta, IL Walmart. Sings to the old Arlo Guthrie tune, "Alice's Restaurant".

5. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

The Sparta Wal-Mart had plenty of shells yesterday when I stopped by. But I was more interested in the ribs at Southside Ribs.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Hey DoubleAuto, I ate out there last night myself. Was you with that huge group eating in back? I can't get enough of their ribs but I had the South Side Philly just to try something different. It was a damn good sandwich.

7. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Grntitan, I was at Southside Ribs about 12:30 PM for lunch. Ate in the front room. Ribs and the beans were great. I found out why the waitress asked me "you want a whole rack of ribs?" in a very questioning way. Was just passing through Sparta on the way home to southeast Tennessee. Next time I will try the Pioneer. Went out to the WSRC to drop off two shotguns for barrel work. A lot of people having a great time at the SCTP Nationals.

8. juststartin'

juststartin' Member

Anyone know the price difference between Gamaliel & Walmart regarding Federal, both plastics & papers?

9. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Will Winchester be only manufacturer giving rebates? I shot STS shells for years but their pricing has made aAA man out of me.

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Charlie- You're not the only one. I'm a huge STS fan, but not @ $20 more a flat by virtue of no rebate.

11. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Charlie,

To the best of my knowledge, Winchester is the only one. I have already bought my 5 flats, and according to the Winchester website, my check is in the mail.

12. John55

John55 Active Member

Walmart doesn't have any Federals in stock now, and the manager told me he didn't know what if any he will get before the grand. If you want them or Remington ammo I'd plan to buy them at the grand.

13. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

You would think that the manufacturer's would figure out that the cost of ammunition is driving shooters away from the sport.at this price there will be more people drop out.I still prefer trap over sporting clays, however, the price difference is very close now.It is now cheaper to shoot a round of sporting clays then it is to shoot all day at a trap shoot.

By the way, AA's load fine for me.

Charlie

Search tags for this page

southside ribs sparta il