1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shells at Dick's

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Dicks has Remington Gum Club shells on sale at $4.95 per box after mail in rebate up to ten flats.

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Good price but I never shot a Gum Club !! any good ?

3. WATER TANK

WATER TANK TS Member

check out the other thread on dicks

4. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Yes they are good.

When you shoot them a big bubble appears at the end of your barrel and instead of the nitro smell you get this aromatic smell of Topps Gum.

If you then blow into the receiver end of the barrel you will eventually get a big bubble and you will hear a faint "pop"

5. perazzi_01

perazzi_01 Member

Is that for 20 a box or 25 a box ? They get sly with there advertising to get you in the door. They do this with the Remington Dove and Quail load was wondering if it was the same for the Gun Club shells.

6. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

Went to Dick's to take advantage of their ammo "sale".. Did not have anymore of what was advertised and no rain checks...BIG waste of time and gasoline..never again...

7. Bubba

Bubba Member

Ran into the same situation as Tugboat. Big add on ammo, no stock, no rain check. This pratice should be reported to state Attorney General.

I get my ammo cheaper at Walmart.

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Last 2 months bought 40 flats of gun clubs, the following discounts were applied: $1.00/box, $40.00 for every $550.00 spent, $10.00 back for every 300 score card poits---combined with the fact that I now have 10,000 hulls to get me thru the next reloading season.---My final cost came out to approx $4.38/box

Lou

9. pdq

pdq Member

Lou:

did the same as you, but also had a 10% off coupon for ammo from Dicks, so with it, cost came in around $4.00. I only bought 20 flats however.

Not sure why some people think so badly of them - the 4 or 5 times I've bought shells there, eveything was fine.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.