1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shell sales at the grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slide action, Sep 1, 2013.

1. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Just wondering how the shell sales compared by Brand this year. I know Winchester was the only one giving rebates. Didn't see a lot of people using the STS shells (at least compared to years past). I saw a lot of folks shooting the cheaper shells like Rio, Super Target, and Gun Club. Most of these were running somewhere around 58 bucks a flat. I Don't remember Fiochhi (sp?)being offered. Maybe I just didn't see any. I brought new Top guns with me for the caps,except the GAH. I bought Super targets at the Grand for that. Shot my reloads for the Dbls and sngls. Does anybody know how the figures on shell sales compared this year? Just asking.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I took a drive through the campground Saturday (GAH day). Saw a LOT of winchester flats at the end of peoples lots for garbage pickup. A few Federal, and VERY few Remington.

3. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I bought RIO for the first time, and have so far been satisfied with them. Martinpicker

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Remington had demonstrated their lack of interest in supporting trap on several different levels. We tried at least 10 times to contact them to run an ad in our state shoot program and left messages every time and never received a return call or a response of any sort. The decision to discontinue the rebate this year was yet another sign. The corporate decision to shift their production focus from shot shells to bullet production (strictly a business decision and a dollar driven one at that) was yet another sign. So as of now it's very difficult for me to even think about purchasing any of Remingtons' products.
    I will with my (limited) purchasing power continue support the companies who supported us.

5. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

No where in my post did I suggest that they changed a production line over for bullets. They in fact have a much better margin on bullets than shot shells. Shot shell production slowed some what....hence the difficulty in finding shells for a while earlier this year.

Google is your friend as well......