1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shell resizer ??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dennisw, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

What is the best resizer on the market? Cost?

2. mickey rat

mickey rat TS Member

Any MEC with a collet type resizer is head and shoulders above anyother type of resizeing device found on other reloaders. MEC also makes the Super Sizer that is sold as a resizer only and it too uses the collet type resizer.
    I reload on a Spolar and frequently resize hulls shot in someone else's gun with a Super Sizer.
    It's available with collets that will resize .410 bore and in the .28, 20, 16, 12 and 10 ga. sized hulls.

3. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Good advice but check E-Bay too.

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

MEC Super Sizer! Relatively inexpensive and works well. You can also adjust the sizer down a few thousandths for an abnormally tight chamber if need be. I've sized countless steel head hulls through my MEC collet style loaders and Super Sizer with no trouble at all.

5. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Supersizer is the way to go. I can easily resize a box of shells in 1 minute or less. A small price to pay for assurance that the hull will enter your gun without problems. And I reload with a Ponsness!! I will admit I only resize with the Supersizer when I purchase once fired hulls from someone else. Ed

6. dennis (nj)

dennis (nj) Guest

Doggai , I have a new out of box , never used Mec Super Sizer in 10 ga if your interested for $40 plus the shipping to make your collection complete .

7. joe922

joe922 TS Member

Hello; I would'nt know ,But if your looking for a machine for reloading shotshells Ponsness/Warren 800 or 900 series is by far the best machine out there for the money Progressive or single stage.Both come with full lenght tapered shell resizers the progressive every station full lenght resizing for auto loaders .Over built, strong,fast easy bushing changes you can't beat them. Mec's can't even come close there not even in the same park Tin stampings, springs flimsey connecting rods and a charge bar all a waste of your time unless you enjoy puttsing around instead of shooting.Sure the MEC's are cheaper but in this case what you pay for is what you get given the high price of componets today don't waste your time or your money I've been reloading for years and I can reload 200 rounds in 20 min and I'm not in a hurry what slows me down I can't keep up with primers in the feeder
    joe

8. virg

virg Member

I have a like new MEC supersizer. $40 plus shipping. Also have another one with extra collets for almost all the guages, $70 plus shipping from Wi. Virg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.