1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shell Requirements for the 2011 Grand American

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slugbug1, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Are we going to be required to shoot new factory ammo for all events because of the $200,000.00 donation to the lewis class payouts by the Martin's? Only if you play the lewis? Seems like a good opportunity for the ATA to revert back to the new shells only requirement we used to have at the Grand. Don't care either way, but I need to know if I should start buying or start reloading. GaryL.

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Gary,

Right at the moment, I would not expect the shell requirements to be any different than they were last year.

Scott

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

...but the moments fly by "momentarily"...and when you're dealing with ATA policy, each moment is different than the last...

4. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

Finding deals on new shells won't help if they return to the old policy. You had to purchase them at the shellhouse and each one was individually marked.

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

One half of your Lewis entry goes toward the HOA payouts if I read it right. That means new shells for all events in order to have a crack at the Lewis? I hope this is well thought out and I feel a lot of the shooters may not see it the same way. I appreciate all the Martin's are doing for trapshooting but will the extra costs to shooters, because of their generosity, bring more or less shooters to the Grand?

Hap

6. missed some

missed some TS Member

OH GOD NOT ALREADY....................

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

nameisjoe---Really your gonna go with that??

I mean what does Sparta have to do with the new shells issue?? When the Grand was at Vandailia you had to use new shells and buy them on site. Now explain to me how if they went back to that or not it has a damn thing to do with Sparta?? I want to hear this one. Explain it and then sign your name so we all can see who thinks like this. On a number of threads you have thrown out really low blows but never any reason or even who you are to make such childish statements.

Matt Parker #0616870

8. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Missed some...my wife and I shot 3200 shells plus practice at the Grand last year, and this year were both in better health and will shoot more. I'm not kidding when I say one way or another I need to get started.GaryL.

9. missed some

missed some TS Member

OH GOD NOT ALREADY....................

10. grntitan

nameisjoe---Really your gonna go with that??

I mean what does Sparta have to do with the new shells issue?? When the Grand was at Vandailia you had to use new shells and buy them on site. Now explain to me how if they went back to that or not it has a damn thing to do with Sparta?? I want to hear this one. Explain it and then sign your name so we all can see who thinks like this. On a number of threads you have thrown out really low blows but never any reason or even who you are to make such childish statements.

Matt Parker #0616870

11. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Missed some...my wife and I shot 3200 shells plus practice at the Grand last year, and this year were both in better health and will shoot more. I'm not kidding when I say one way or another I need to get started.GaryL.

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If the new shell rule never would of been relaxed there would be nothing to complain about, the location has nothing to do with it ... The ATA relaxed the rule to make it easier for people to be able to afford attending the Grand by eliminating the additional expense of new shells and be able to offset the difference in travel expenses ... The worst is yet to come so be or get prepared ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. grntitan

WPT--Thank You!!

Matt

14. DODGEMAN

DODGEMAN Member

So what is the worst?

15. missed some

missed some TS Member

UH, and all this time I thought they went with roll your owns or bring your own was because they weren't sure how the foid thing was gonna work out mark crist

16. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Wow, it seems that the Sparta "gloom & doom" boys have started early this year.......LOL!

17. missed some

missed some TS Member

you didn't know that russ? and targets were free, and food, and they even played games for free. everybody won hahaha

18. grntitan

Tough to add to whats already been said. Nobody really listens to the whiners that hide behind their trumped up sign on name. Seems your still sit'n silent. Thats usually what people do that have nothing constructive to say.

Matt

19. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Sine hitting the Louie is based on luck, what would be the point of requiring new shells to be used? If I recall the Martins are throwing money at both the Louie and the Handicap. Would think that new shells would be required for the Caps money, same as last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.